Hello from Sydney! Agency side with Affiliate Background here!

Degree
Hey everyone,

I have found what is easily the best SEO forum on the internet at the moment

A bit about myself, I have been building affiliate sites since 2008 and currently run a few in several niches as well as being in the premium domain name game and working as a manager at one of Australia's best agencies.

I came on here as I will be creating case studies with domains I will be acquiring then attempting to index it, outsource content which then ranks to drive affiliate commissions in the Australian market

Looking forward to becoming a long term member

P.s the Crash Course guide is amazing, particularly the day 14 mental strength section. I can relate on so many levels

Cheers,

Degree
Welcome supersheek! Are here many affiliate opportunities in Australia? I haven't checked for years but remember there were limited options.

Degree
Welcome supersheek! Are here many affiliate opportunities in Australia? I haven't checked for years but remember there were limited options.
Hey jjj_

The affiliate opportunities have grown immensely thanks to Amazon Australia opening up its affiliate program and Commission Factory having a huge range of products available to promote

I feel it's only going to grow, there are quite a few associates of mine doing affiliate niches so there is no shortage of talent to take advantage aswell

P.s Moderator: Maybe this thread should be moved to the intro forums

Degree
Hi there.
The problem with Amazon Au is that there is not much available in terms of product selection.
The other problem is that serps are mainly dominated by .com and US sites.

Degree
Hi there.
The problem with Amazon Au is that there is not much available in terms of product selection.
The other problem is that serps are mainly dominated by .com and US sites.
Yeah I fully agree with that, considering its been around a year and there are only 25 million ppl in Australia vs the US (325 mil) I'm not surprised but if you know what your doing it is possible to rank for some great products.

As for the SERPs being dominated by .com and US sites I say it depends on the niche, quite a few Australian sites and coming up and Google is definitely recognising the importance to rank local content so times are changing

Degree
As for the SERPs being dominated by .com and US sites I say it depends on the niche, quite a few Australian sites and coming up and Google is definitely recognising the importance to rank local content so times are changing
What's the deal with registering .com.au's? Do you need to register trading names every time? For example: one Pty Ltd, but 5 trading names and domain names?