Hello from Singapore!

Degree
Hi guys,

My name is Adrien. Very excited to join the forum, especially after reading MrMedia and tothemoon's case studies.

I am 29 years old and your typical digital marketer who has tried a lot of things (e.g. affiliate marketing, building Adsense sites, dropshipping, selling ebooks on Amazon, etc.) but hasn't hit one major home run yet. Your typical patient of shiny object syndrome.

This time I am building a food blog with a niche domain, aiming at hitting $5k-$10k in 12-15 months and selling it for $150k-$300k. I am hoping this will be my first major success.

I started in June and so far this is my expense:
  1. Domain: $1700
  2. Content: $2280
  3. Astra Pro: $47
  4. Amazon Images Plugin: $99
  • No. of articles so far: 71
  • No. of days since I start: exactly 30 days (I started on 20 Jun)

I intended to go for volume and publish 300-500 in 6 months. My investment budget is $25000.

Inspired by Iarcha's post, I will post a public, follow-along case study too as soon as I gain the permission.

Look forward to talking to all of you and my journey to $300k.

Degree
Some info about the domain I bought:

From Ahrefs:
  • UR: 12
  • DR: 19
  • Backlinks: 979
  • RD: 143
  • Organic Kws: 96
Top RD:
  • naturalnews.com (DR:82)
  • diabetes.co.uk (DR:78)
  • nairaland.com (DR:73)
  • bigoven.com (DR:71)
  • worldofbuzz.com (DR:68)

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Welcome @Akrtw1, glad to have you. My journey was a lot like yours in that I had some successes early on and then floundered around (not with shiny object but with the allure of spam and PBNs). When I got back on course and stopped acting like this was really complicated and sophisticated, everything fell into place. Sounds like that's about where you are, circling back to where you started with SEO (based on your post in another thread). Nothing but good times ahead, even if those good times contain challenges!

Degree
Welcome @Akrtw1, glad to have you. My journey was a lot like yours in that I had some successes early on and then floundered around (not with shiny object but with the allure of spam and PBNs). When I got back on course and stopped acting like this was really complicated and sophisticated, everything fell into place. Sounds like that's about where you are, circling back to where you started with SEO (based on your post in another thread). Nothing but good times ahead, even if those good times contain challenges!
Thanks! Can’t wait to start the journey.
Will definitely start my follow along case study as well. :wink: