Hello BuSo! I'm learning to make Surfboards, Weird-Whiteboards, Tiny-Home Timberframing, Digital Nomad Thingies

Degree
I found this site by searching for people who'd successfully made wooden whiteboards and I found a thread with an excellent walkthrough of a process from a few years back, which is PERFECT because I can ask the OP (once vetted) whether or not the finish he used has stood the test of use-over-time.

Now, that I see that this place is a community of people who care about materials and process for the creation of things, I'm feeling inspired and stoked to explore some of my other makey-aspirations here!

It's certainly not built, but I'd like to share a comic I make as part of my introduction.

Thank you, and I look forward to playing in the community!

Degree
I remember that thread about the wooden white board made with flooring. It was @thehobbster, but I haven't seen him posting any time recently. He said in a Skype group a long time ago that it ended up warping because the braces on the back weren't thick enough.

By the way, in case you didn't realize it, this isn't a forum about "building" like houses and hobbies and construction. It's about building businesses, with a huge focus on internet business and marketing.

Degree
Hello @future_state,

Ah, well, bummer about the purpose of the forums, not my personal focus. Sorry for not having done more research and imposing my ignorance-

Thank you for the further info about @thehobbster. I'm most curious about how well the finish held up over time-