Have any of you built large social pages from scratch?

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
Currently trying to grow my Instagram account and Facebook page, but I've been looking around for resources to learn from and there doesn't seem to be much out there for growing without ads.

What are some good resources to check out?

I'm attempting the same thing currently, built. It really is a pain in the ass. It really feels like we're late to the party.

I know @Amir's pretty good at organically building pages. His method is to just use his page to comment on related pages, with a non-aggressive CTA at the end.

I'm going to try the Distill Web Monitor Chrome extension to keep an eye on some of the 6-to-8-figure pages in my niche. As soon as they create a new post, I'm going to jump in quickly and comment as my page, with a subtle "check out my page"-type message at the end.

I'll let you know how effective it is.

I have a 16.4k Instagram that's still growing but that's about it. Not doing the follow / unfollow method either. Just using engagement groups and liking pictures from people who liked / commented my competitors.

I have an IG acc with 40k++ followers. Getting harder to grow it though. Might try doing a giveaway and see what happens

For Facebook it's been all about video for awhile. Facebook is still pushing videos hugely so with the right video even a small page can end up reaching millions.

Don't just directly upload videos you find else where though. Facebook's video format is square. So you take whatever viral video and ad captions above or below it to make it a square. Always use all the space a platform gives you. If your on Facebook I'm sure you've seen this.

But I'd suggest against directly ripping videos and re-uploading. You will likely get more reach and organic likes just sharing the original post.

Back