Has Google shut down updating?

bernard

BuSo Pro
Degree
Seems like very little happens these last weeks, like no movement at all.
Earlier this year we had the thing with their indexing issues, apparently that's back (https://www.seroundtable.com/google-indexing-issues-28016.html).
What I notice is just that there's no real movement for sub first page results for me. Some smaller movements on first page, which could be attributed to Rankbrain.

Not sure what keywords you are tracking but this year has been one of the most volatile every for SERPs

I rolled out a new site that was pre-built on a staging server. In the past week those posts are all starting to rank and climb. I'm not seeing what you're seeing.

I guess I'm not moving the needle enough then.

Not shutting down per say but few large sites I follow, one actively working on, have been relatively quiet for some time now, since early July at least.

Interesting you're saying this @bernard. My "fresh" content isn't ranking anywhere near as fast. It used to get some page 2-5 rankings within around a week of publishing, but everything published from June onwards is slower to kick in.

Seems to me the June updates have a lot to do with links, and this domain is particularly weak, so it's probably that. By the sounds of it you may be in a similar situation.

Back