Has anyone a project in a language that is not English? Advice?

Degree
Hi guys/gals! I'm relatively new here (less than a year), and I'm starting a new project in Spanish (my first language).

I started a project before in English, and it's doing relatively well (for being my first attempt lol): I published 12 posts in December 2020 / January 2021, and then stopped because it was quite hard to write every day in English; it took me much more time than expected due to constantly having to check if I was writing things ok. That project now has 1.5K/mo traffic without me doing anything since January.

In the meantime, I realized that maybe I should just start a project in Spanish since it will be much easier for me to write the content.

So if someone has a project that's not in English, I would love to hear your advice.

TIA

I started a project in a T2 language with only a few million native speakers. After a month I ditched it, and later this turned out to be a really good decision. Based on what I heard from others, relying solely on display advertising is not worth it (as in for 100$/day, you need 100k pageviews daily). It must be easier to get the necessary volume in Spanish though, so your project might work out better.

If you want to monetize with info products, your own physical products, sell consulting etc, non-English blogs can be lucrative.

What's your goal with the Spanish website?

I started a project in a T2 language with only a few million native speakers. After a month I ditched it, and later this turned out to be a really good decision. Based on what I heard from others, relying solely on display advertising is not worth it (as in for 100$/day, you need 100k pageviews daily). It must be easier to get the necessary volume in Spanish though, so your project might work out better.

If you want to monetize with info products, your own physical products, sell consulting etc, non-English blogs can be lucrative.

What's your goal with the Spanish website?
Monetizing with infoproducts, like ebooks and courses. Ads will be something just to make some extra cash, I know they pay too little.

Back