Guy makes 1.2MM a year with 5 jobs

Degree
https://overemployed.com/story-five-it-jobs-millionaire-u-sweetmullet/

Dude got 5 remote jobs and is working all 5 of them at once. He makes $1,200,000 a year now, up from $16, an hour a few years ago. His goal is to save the money and retire early.

I resent my employer for a few decisions they did but I'm not available for 2 jobs. Too busy with life to work a second job, even if it means reducing work on the first and adding a second, so that it is still within a 40 hour work week. 5 jobs? This guy is putting in 8 hours/week/job or so. That's incredible and crazy.

Sounds like he doesn't have any time trackers to deal with. I was going to attempt to do something like this when I worked on Upwork but for many contracts employers will not allow manual time. So, you have to use a time tracking app that takes screenshots and can only be used to track 1 contract at a time.

Sounds like he doesn't have any time trackers to deal with. I was going to attempt to do something like this when I worked on Upwork but for many contracts employers will not allow manual time. So, you have to use a time tracking app that takes screenshots and can only be used to track 1 contract at a time.
From what I've researched, many use a mouse jiggler, which jiggles the mouse ever so slightly to cause 100% activity rates for time tracking software. Also, the rule is to have 1 laptop per job so that you don't mix up jobs or send the wrong project to the wrong job, for example.

But, yeah, I don't think these guys are using Upwork. They're using Indeed and getting full time employee jobs or corp-to-corp jobs. They're real jobs with real benefits like 401k, health insurance, life insurance, etc.

Go big or go home right? Why do this for short term work on UpWork when you can do this for two Fortune 500 companies.

Also, Elon Musk works 3 jobs. Many news reporters work for multiple agencies. It's not as uncommon as we think. I think the outrage would be from people perceiving that a job is an obligation to a company in return for a secure livelihood. However, employers haven't been like that since the 1960's. This is the way to get ahead nowadays, especially with work-from-home culture.

Last edited:
That's clever, reminds me of the stories of guys working office jobs, typically IT and then basically working second jobs while at work, because none of their bosses or coworkers understand what they're doing.

There was this famous german case where a public sector employee quite after 20 years and he left a note saying he hadn't worked a day in his time there, literally had never done any real work.

Well, isn't this fraud? Sooner or later someone is going to find out and then not just fire him, but also file a case against him. And even if they don't, you are going to live always knowing you are one step away from disaster.

If that is their cup of tea, then there are plenty of ways to make money defrauding others. No?

Well, isn't this fraud? Sooner or later someone is going to find out and then not just fire him, but also file a case against him. And even if they don't, you are going to live always knowing you are one step away from disaster.

If that is their cup of tea, then there are plenty of ways to make money defrauding others. No?
Thats what I thought too but, unless one's employment contract specifically forbids having a second job, it is not a breach of contract.

Yes, you could get fired but the whole point is that, if you do, you already have job security since you have a second, or third, or fourth, or fifth job. Based upon what I read, the goal is to just work enough to not get fired so that you can juggle 2 or more jobs.

The logic is this: let's say you make 100k on job1. If you work really hard and jump through a lot of hoops, you can get a promotion and a raise to 130. Or, if you drag your ass just enough to not get fired, you can get a second job at the same level and make 100k at the second job too. Two jobs, where you're a mediocre employee, that pays 100k each, is 70k more than one job, where you're a great employee, who strives for promotions.

I mean, economically, it's awesome.

If you work really hard and jump through a lot of hoops,
The reality is, many people work really hard and jump through a lot of hoops, only to be laid off, downsized, limited in pay, etc.. and most companies are NOT going to promise anything to their employees long term.

Before I was an entrepreneur I was on a job interview and they were asking me for a verbal long term commitment to their company if I took the job. I straight up asked them if they were going to commit to ME long term also, and they said no. My reply was. "Well then that answers that." I still got hired. Its such a game.

IF taking a 2nd job is not prohibited in the contract I don't see any reason not to do this. There is no guarantee that any of the jobs will keep you long term, or not turn around and downsize you or eliminate your position tomorrow.

My grandpa worked for Ford for 50 years and retired and never switched companies. They loved him and he loved them and they were committed to each other. Those days are long gone.

Kinda old news.

I use to do this back in the day, we talking like 2004. I'm sure people were doing it before.

Don't even have to work remote at all the jobs.

I had a role where I was 40 hour onsite and I just showed up and hired someone else ( who was remote ) to do basically all the work. I just showed up and did meetings and played solitaire and took long lunches. They did all the work I was suppose to do day in and day out.

I then proceeded to take on another full-time role ( remotely ) and hired a 2nd person to do that one. On my long lunches or "smoke breaks" I would do meetings with the 2nd company.

Granted, I wasn't doing 1.2m a year.., but I could have if I landed 3-4 more of those. However, the application and thought process is the same.

Kinda old news.

I use to do this back in the day, we talking like 2004. I'm sure people were doing it before.

Don't even have to work remote at all the jobs.

I had a role where I was 40 hour onsite and I just showed up and hired someone else ( who was remote ) to do basically all the work. I just showed up and did meetings and played solitaire and took long lunches. They did all the work I was suppose to do day in and day out.

I then proceeded to take on another full-time role ( remotely ) and hired a 2nd person to do that one. On my long lunches or "smoke breaks" I would do meetings with the 2nd company.

Granted, I wasn't doing 1.2m a year.., but I could have if I landed 3-4 more of those. However, the application and thought process is the same.
All these posts were about were how to slack, avoid meetings, and do stuff over email... but shit, it never occured to me to hire someone to do your work for you... Thanks :smile:

My grandpa worked for Ford for 50 years and retired and never switched companies. They loved him and he loved them and they were committed to each other. Those days are long gone.
Just trying to communicate this to my boomer parents has been a struggle..

Back