Guest Posting Networks

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Have you guys had any experience with guest posting networks?

I remember Ann Smarty's MyBlogGuest. I used it a few times on some easier to obtain sites but didn't want to produce masterpieces to throw into the gallery for bigger sites to pick from. Before I got around to it, most of the sites in there ended up getting penalized.

I've just encountered a new one called PostRunner that's interesting. It's a Wordpress plugin instead of some off-site dashboard. You pitch content to specific sites and they can accept or reject, and also rate your work to help others make decisions. If it's rejected you can pitch it to someone else. Or if a post is deleted in the future you can re-use it. It seems a little easier and faster for everyone involved, especially for those of us who want to be real particular about who we pitch to.

I don't want to accept posts, only give them out to the higher tier sites that only accept the good stuff from good sites.

Any success with this method?

I remember Ann Smarty's MyBlogGuest. I used it a few times on some easier to obtain sites but didn't want to produce masterpieces to throw into the gallery for bigger sites to pick from. Before I got around to it, most of the sites in there ended up getting penalized.

I've just encountered a new one called PostRunner that's interesting. It's a Wordpress plugin instead of some off-site dashboard. You pitch content to specific sites and they can accept or reject, and also rate your work to help others make decisions. If it's rejected you can pitch it to someone else. Or if a post is deleted in the future you can re-use it. It seems a little easier and faster for everyone involved, especially for those of us who want to be real particular about who we pitch to.

I don't want to accept posts, only give them out to the higher tier sites that only accept the good stuff from good sites.

Looks pretty sweet. Gonna test it out as well. Will let you know!

I could use only for some smaller and not that important websites. However, I don't know about quality of this "network", but if all it's left just to the owners of sites involved, probably you can expect lot of spammy crap over there.

I'm going to be having a go with this too, although I don't think it's new as I found an article about it from 2012.

PostRunner is abandoned these days. My previous mentor built it with a business partner, then after the membership closed down, the tool was sold off, and allowed to rot. I loaded it down with 5,000 junk posts back in the day.

The Author Score is predicated on whether or not the person accepting the content can get through the first sentence or two without wanting to rip their hair out. Achieve that, and you get a high score lol

leQ9vIa.png

Research Ann Smarty, too. I think she's had networks deindexed in the past, and I never had much luck with MyBlogGuest when I tried it out.

I just stumbled across one in beta called Content Voice. Here's the link: http://www.contentvoice.com/

The premise of Content Voice is similar to HARO, so it shows promise, but it's a public network(ing) tool, so the long term viability isn't really guaranteed. I'm not affiliated, but I witnessed a shit storm surrounding it on another forum, so I took a look at it. Seems like it could work, for a bit at least.

Last edited:
Yeah, after taking a deeper look, Postrunner looks like it is dead/dying. I just signed up at ContentVoice and I will give that a go. Finding a good one of these platforms would be so clutch lol

I feel like if you could find a good one and be very selective with which sites you take links from, you could dodge the penalties and deindexing that eventually occurs like with MyBlogGuest. Minimize the number of links you take from the network to just the top sites that they themselves are being selective about who they accept, and 10 only total or something like that. Then just forget about it.

Back