Group buy tools

Degree
Just recently in one podcast a guy mentioned something like group buying SEO tools. Never thought about that! Quick googling reveal several websites offering multiple SEO tools in combined packages for a lower fee. Just thought that this could be a nice workaround for the first couple of months in a new project for anyone on a shoestring budget.

At the same time, are these services trustful?

A lot of people do it - but honestly, I'm all about karma and wouldn't take part in something. I've been on the other side of that table. There are risks with saved billing information being shared and some shady dudes might like to cop a project idea or two.

Exactly what @dresden said, plus the fact that tools like Majestic announced 2 days ago they'd start cracking down on multiple users using the same account. Will only be a matter of time before others become stricter as well.

Will only be a matter of time before others become stricter as well.

ALL new softwares that have MRR (monthly recurring revenue) I consult for I recommend they have IP and country restricts in place, so a user cannot be signed in while in Canada and Mexico at the same time. As well they cannot be in Texas and New York at the same time. Some software doing this go a higher extent like log the user's other sessions out when they sign in. I don't necessarily recommend that cause they could be on mobile and their laptop. But this is rudimentary levels of monitoring I am talking about. There are far more sophisticated ways of implementation.

Some of the group buys like Susan's use a portal system the logins all users in through a single IP/sessions to limit catching the group buys, but you have to build a special interface for each software. We may already know how to detect those as well. (Susan is a friend and a member of the resistence by the way, not knocking her at any level - in fact we might be working on something together)

It's up to the software to figure out how far they are willing to go.

With that said you should consider the reason Adobe and all these companies are turning into monthly software that are only accessible in the sky is due to piracy from the past. The solution to keep revenue is basically to lock the software in the sky. So with that in mind, what do you imagine can result in trying this new level of piracy? Trust me any solution you can come up with the corporations will eventually clamp down and make the experience even worse.

I'm definitely not innocent at either side, but there are long term consequences to the collective consumers' and vendors' actions. The last thing you want is your complete OS becoming a monthly/weekly/daily service... Use the past as an indicator of the future...

I also would not want my information easily accessible to other users of the group buy... I can't trust shady characters.

Thanks, my thoughts were confirmed.

Could it be that among bunches of those piracy ones there are some legit companies that got their contracts with tool providers in place: they provide leads and hence have a better price, e.g. like with Groupon. And without shared accounts and other nonsence...

I have used group buying for AHRefs and for SEMrush in the past. For rush it worked fine. But it was horrible for AHRefs. Always over limits and constantly getting kicked out of application. Won't be doing that again.

Next time I'll just get my own subscription. But if you're just starting out and low on funds you can order a bunch of reports from those type of sites on fiverr. If you know what you need it is a cheap solution.

Back