Grossly Undervalued & Underpaid By AdSense

Degree
Look, I'm going to straight with you all since I feel like I owe it to the members of this forum cause it's the coolest sh*t i've ever come across.

My site's niche isn't very lucrative in terms of RPMs and monetary gain in general. I've been hitting consistent traffic for a while now (about 150k+ monthly page views) with what i believe is very high quality content. BUT for some reason i feel as though i'm being grossly undervalued or underpaid with my current ad provider - it's AdSense.

My RPMs are around 2.5 eur which is $2.9 i believe. Idk, i can't shake the feeling that even though my niche is generally low with RPMs, $2.9 is still low?

It's feels so bad getting the monthly check if im honest. Not because of the low numbers on it, but what those low numbers mean... which is: this is how much A MONTH your site is worth to us. no matter the monetary, time, or health investment or the investment in what i feel are the right things..

I dont claim to be a genius when it comes to display ads, in fact im pretty sh*t at it. Im sure in the right hands the pages' RPM can get so much higher with the same provider. but it is what it is

Applied to AdThrive a few days ago, so we'll see how it goes.

You do realize display ADs are literally the lowest rung on the ladder of monetizing traffic right? It's supposed to be the first step in a series of steps to create an online brand.

Switch to ezoic, mediavine, adthrive, any of these will likely have higher rpms... but this is very dependent on your niche

You do realize display ADs are literally the lowest rung on the ladder of monetizing traffic right? It's supposed to be the first step in a series of steps to create an online brand.
yes i do. site is still new though and budget isn't that high for me to invest into other monetization strategies and/or ventures. Prioritizing display ads is my main goal atm

Switch to ezoic, mediavine, adthrive, any of these will likely have higher rpms... but this is very dependent on your niche
yeah, already applied to AdThrive

My RPMs are around 2.5 eur which is $2.9 i believe. Idk, i can't shake the feeling that even though my niche is generally low with RPMs, $2.9 is still low?
Depends on the niche (sounds like tech) but yes, in general. With that level of traffic, assuming you're not a forum or any user-generated content site and your content is of high enough quality, you'll find with AdThrive or Mediavine that your RPM will be likely 10x if not 15x that amount. A huge immediate upgrade in revenue.

Without revealing my niches, I've got two sites with Mediavine at the moment and just from the ads they did a year-to-year RPM of $26.20 and $48.03. Add in the affiliate commissions and it's higher. This is based on sessions. If you had 150k sessions at a $40 RPM you'd be looking at $6,000 in revenue from ads instead of $435 or so. You have the traffic to qualify. If AdThrive won't take you, try Mediavine.

You can ask AdThrive for average RPM estimates per niche. Or say here, and we can give you an idea.

Is your traffic mainly US based? Very big difference if it's international.

Depends on the niche (sounds like tech) but yes, in general. With that level of traffic, assuming you're not a forum or any user-generated content site and your content is of high enough quality, you'll find with AdThrive or Mediavine that your RPM will be likely 10x if not 15x that amount. A huge immediate upgrade in revenue.

Without revealing my niches, I've got two sites with Mediavine at the moment and just from the ads they did a year-to-year RPM of $26.20 and $48.03. Add in the affiliate commissions and it's higher. This is based on sessions. If you had 150k sessions at a $40 RPM you'd be looking at $6,000 in revenue from ads instead of $435 or so. You have the traffic to qualify. If AdThrive won't take you, try Mediavine.
I doubt my RPM will be as high as yours, but even 6-7x times will make a drastic difference. My niche is among the lowest on the chain. It isnt user-generated btw

You can ask AdThrive for average RPM estimates per niche. Or say here, and we can give you an idea.

Is your traffic mainly US based? Very big difference if it's international.
yeah its mostly US-based with the other big ones following it - Canada, Australia, UK, Germany, etc. i dont wanna reveal my niche, but 100% its going to be a huge upgrade. I spoke with a couple of members from here within my niche, and they're 6-7x my RPM with AdThrive

So did you get accepted into AdThrive? Let us know when you hear back, and an rpm update would be good in future too if you get in. :smile:

update: got accepted into AdThrive. Ads haven't been on site for long, it's only a few days. Will let you all know what the RPMs are when the ads get more optimized and stabilize. Currently though, it's an upward trend, doing $4.6 atm.

u: $10-22 RPMs.
Congrats, that's 3x - 7.5x your revenue, right? I bet as time progresses, your RPMs improve as more campaigns come online that target your site specifically, etc. Right now you're probably just riding on the "put our ads on every site in this niche" campaigns. But more bid pressure is likely coming in the next months.

Congrats, that's 3x - 7.5x your revenue, right? I bet as time progresses, your RPMs improve as more campaigns come online that target your site specifically, etc. Right now you're probably just riding on the "put our ads on every site in this niche" campaigns. But more bid pressure is likely coming in the next months.
Thanks man, yeah completely agree. It's just to early to say whether these RPMs are high or low. Ads haven't stabilized yet, nor is there a good amount of data for averages. Looking good though :smile:

Back