Greetings from TGZ!

Degree
Hi everyone,

TGZ here, and I started my online marketing journey 2 months ago. I have a self-improvement website that I am trying to build traffic and a following before going deep into monetization (just some Amazon links to books at the moment). I am in an open ended vertical so this will ensure I maintain interest for the long-term.

I want to learn high quality web design, SEO, and how to engineer high quality traffic leaks. I want to become an authority in my sphere for the long-term, no shortcuts. I like the idea of creating online assets for the long-term (5, 10, 20 years in the future) that I own. I love the idea of entrepreneurship - controlling my life and owning both the upside and downside of everything I do.

I recently finished university and I'm just starting my "real" offline career as well, and I have no interest in becoming a full-time online marketer in the near future. This is going to be my early morning and weekend project. Once my skills are adequate I want to create a forum related to education.

The world is my oyster.

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Hi, @TGZ, welcome. You've come to the right place to learn.

I wouldn't hesitate to monetize your work. Otherwise you're just wasting the traffic that you're getting. "Not monetizing" doesn't earn you favors with Google or users. Your monetization should be part of fulfilling the user's desires and helping them find the information/products they need.

I think it's good that you're hunting for a regular day job at this point in time. It takes a long time to get a lay of the land and collect the skills required to do this full time. SEO takes even longer now that "time" is baked into the algorithms so hard to stop spammers.

I'd just make sure you're taking your project seriously too though, because otherwise you won't get anywhere. Don't think of it as a side project, is what I mean. There are people doing this 16+ hours a day for years on end and still haven't had huge successes. You either have to put in the time and effort or pay someone else to put in the time and effort. Your day job can afford you that luxury, hopefully.

Best of luck with it. We're here to bounce ideas and questions off of whenever you want and need! Glad to have you aboard.

Degree
Thanks @Ryuzaki , I completely agree about taking the project seriously.

I have no problem writing content, but I am spending a good amount of time editing/coding/debugging my Wordpress site to make it look more professional rather than another another Wordpress blog. I like the Dilbert creator Scott Adams's idea, “every skill you acquire doubles your odds of success.” If I can become good (not even extraordinary) at

a) Web Design
b) Writing/Creating Content
c) Promoting Content

+ a few well timed traffic leaks I will be able to make decent money at IM. I feel like it's a good hustle for someone who is a bit of a jack of all trades. Cheers, appreciate the support.

Degree
I’ve got a strong interest in the self-improvement/personal development niche as well... so I am looking forward to following your journey! Thanks!