Graphic design, logos and social media et all

Elance.com, Fiverr.com, Freelancer.com? I've used only Elance and Fiverr. With Fiverr you need to be careful and only buy with the assumption that you'll most likely get crap.

Elance.com, Fiverr.com, Freelancer.com? I've used only Elance and Fiverr. With Fiverr you need to be careful and only buy with the assumption that you'll most likely get crap.

I tried Fiverr but got nothing but crap as you say, I'm looking to for someone who knows their shit but does not charge silly money!

I tried Fiverr but got nothing but crap as you say, I'm looking to for someone who knows their shit but does not charge silly money!
Then I would recommend trying Elance. If you can offer continuous work you should mention that in your project description because that will get you much more responses. Nowadays I don't go for the cheapest because you usually end up spending a lot of time instructing him or her with things a bit more experienced (and more expensive) freelancer knows to do. Small things like using proper file formats or small graphic details with vectors like 1px too long lines sticking out that need to be fixed.

99Designs is interesting. Might be a bit out of the price range you're looking for but you get a ton of options and get to guide designers as the content continues by casting votes for the ones you like.

I wish I could post some of the designs that came through from the last 99d contest we ran... Absolute shit show lol

I wish I could post some of the designs that came through from the last 99d contest we ran... Absolute shit show lol

Yeah, I've never done it myself but I've watched quite a few people who have as it happened. The main difference in what I saw (not at all inferring anything about your situation) was that the more the person was willing to spend, the better the designs. The big boys don't come out unless their taste buds are watering, since there's also essentially unlimited competition. Anyone can submit as many times as they like.

Envato runs a lot of sites that are loaded up by designers. There's actually a job board somewhere in there where I've seen some ridiculously nice designs for affordable prices.

Logo design - I've used this guy's service on fiverr a few times. I'm really really happy with the logos I got. He was recommended from multiple people in an old wicked fire thread.

For brand new websites, short term projects, and tiers , Fiverr will do fine. You can also find some decent talent on Elance or the other freelance websites.

For legit projects that you want a high quality brand for, you need a Western designer or design firm IMO. That'll be key for a big brand feel, there's a huge difference between a Fiverr logo and something a professional came up with in accordance with design principles and philosophies. Be prepared to shell out 500-1000$ for a logo, but typically there's a lengthy process of learning about your brand, revisions, and quite a few different concepts.

We had one client we charged 550$ for a logo(discounted because we were doing their website). I think we had a total of 21 different variations before we settled on the final logo. My business partner(who runs the graphic and web design side of business), literally had paragraph long explanations of the different logos and what they represented. The whole process took around 9 hours of work.

I found an amazing guy on fiverr, then he vanished. I bet he was just building a portfolio then went on to better things. Really with fiverr it seems to be you get what you pay for: generally garbage.

If you are at all inclined inkscape is a free vector image editor and you can really make some usable stuff in 5-10 minutes. Beats waiting 2 weeks for someone on fiverr that is really good but has 900 projects in the queue.

Back