Introductions Thread

First things first it is really nice to see a lot of other ladies here. The first thing I check when I'm looking at forums to join is whether or not other ladies feel welcome there. I don't want to make a big issue out of it, but certain other forums can be ... hostile, to say the least. I don't get into the whole issue of how well a gender is represented in an industry, because women will get really upset when I say that it's up to US to make changes if we want to be better represented. If there aren't more women in online marketing, that isn't a man's fault... Oh shit, I'm starting to ramble aren't I?

What I'm trying to say is that this looks like a great community and I already feel welcome :wink:

^ that's too meta for me.

Just wait until he releases a theme for reviewing themes for selling themes!

Hi Holly, welcome :smile: I just arrived here a couple days ago myself. This definitely seems to be a good community here. I see a lot of people giving advice and helping one another without it all having to turn into some kind of "ego contest". I see posts by others that echo my feelings about Builder Society. Something feels "different", in a good way. Kinda interesting the way positive energy works, even online.

Welcome to the new future Holly. Time to put on your hard hat.

Can you do logo's? There's always a demand for that. Logo's, banners, etc. You could be the resident logo guy.

Holly, are you a veteran or a new fish when it comes to internet marketing? What kind of things are you into or interesting in learning about?

"That's exactly what a bot would say...."

Hey everyone! I was trying to think of a username and decided to log into my admin area and clear out some comments and so that's where I got this from, before anyone asks.

I'm looking forward to check this place out and inviting some friends :smile:

Proud to call myself a BUILDER from today onwards.

I came here from another forum that has gone to shit lately... blah blah blah, lots of drama.... I'm sick of it. I just want to build.

I'm using a new name here... Maybe after a while some people will start to recognize me but if you do please keep it to yourself. I want a fresh start.

That's all I really want to say about that.

I'm an experienced marketer... I've been at it for years and I'm really good at what I do. I'm looking forward to building a strong reputation here at "BuSo" and contributing however I can (Which admittedly is not much besides content since I can't tell my old following to come here without making it really obvious who I am and without causing problems...)

But either way. It's all good. Thanks for having me here...

I'm so curious who you are now LOL, but I respect your desire to keep it a secret, I don't blame you. I think we all wish we could have a fresh start sometimes.

Hello everyone, I have chosen to go by the name Lion here as it reflects how I feel these days.

I've been involved in SEO since the mid 90's. I've had many chances to be leader of the pack but I'm always late to the party. I tend to stay in the middle or at the tail end of the adopter's curve, which has ruined many a chance for me to absolutely slay the SERPs. It's my own fault and I'm adapting to this self-knowledge know.

I feel like the grey haired Lion who's becoming too old to hunt, but still gets out there and gets the job done, because there are hungry mouths at home. I've got many battle scars, tired muscles, but I'm still ready to have a bloody mandible too.

Despite me having seen the trend coming, I still didn't start any authority site or large magazine site. I feel even worse for not having started one in '95. I feel bad enough that most of my old sites that would have amazing potential right now were burned throughout the years.

In many fashions, I'm still at ground zero for continuing to try to manipulate instead of build WITH the search engines. But that's all going to change now.

Here I am, and I'm ready to hunt.

I too have started again with a new name, however I do that always to hide my identity in general. Too many people like to snoop around instead of building their own empires.

Another guy who's been doing this almost as long as I've been alive! I'm glad to be surrounded by veterans. Welcome to the forum!

Looking forward to thriving together ya'll!
CCarter, you've been inspiring this space for years.. transforming marketing and life with the philosophy you share from "Hagakure" ad infinitum. Thank You (Bow) Great to be here!

haha "full disclosure"... I'm surprised everyone is being really genuine with their first 3 posts, I would have expected a lot more filler tbh.

Howdy y'all, I'm the new fella here. I reckon I'm one of the older guys here, and also the least experienced. Done some advertising in a past life but I'm not much of a technology wiz but let's see if you guys can teach an old dog some new tricks.

Howdy Lion, I'm another old timer but I'm brand new to the online marketing game. Lookin' forward to learning the ropes and taking in everything I can.

We are the exact opposite. I'm a tech nerd who discovered advertising as a way to put the tech knowledge to work. Maybe we can ping ideas and concepts off of each other and fast forward the learning process a little bit.

Hi all,

My name is GrandMaster and I came here through a series of mazes which started off at Reddit. I'm here to learn and help others in their SEO quest. I used to be a known member under a different name at several SEO forums, but most have gone down the toilet as of late. Then I started lurking for the past 2 years, but I think it's time to once again pass it forward and this seems like a great place to start back up.

- GM

Welcome, GrandMaster. I lurk in a lot of places too, but I know that when I'm involved I can usually learn more than just reading. I too picked this forum. There's nothing like being involved from the start and watching it all grow.

Holly, are you a veteran or a new fish when it comes to internet marketing? What kind of things are you into or interesting in learning about?

Somewhere in the middle... I want to learn everything I can to improve my business :smile:

I was browsing some seo subreddits to laugh at the people who have no idea what they're doing (the ones answer the Q's, not the ones asking...) because it's always funny to watch people pretend to be authorities. Anyways, someone mentioned this forum so here I am checking it out. I like it so far, there isn't any bullshit here.

I agree. Faking authority is far worse than being humble and asking for answers. One helps you grow and build, and one stops you from learning.

By the way, your avatar is the scariest thing I've ever seen, besides the Justin Beiber avatar.

Hey I'm still alive!!

I've just been working really hard on my site and some other personal stuff... But I have some exciting news on the website frontier:

I GOT MY FIRST BANNER CLICK!!!

It made me $1 :smile: hehe

Finally find you lol!
Yes, this place is good and maybe I will share some useful stuff, we are social pianissimos beings !!!

CCarter, don't waste time take your stuff to the next level you're one of the people who worth to have a lot because they give a lot and share to much, so we owe you respect.

Dudes this man is a helpful guy a good gentleman don't hesitate to not reply on his stuff even if you're a noob.

Hello BuSo's !

I'm known as Hitman-zone from BHU forum also have other names and well known in many forums..
I'm a marketer, IT guy, SEO addict, also a video games narco (I stopped that years now, my only game I play now is an old one but still looking gorgeous for me called Driver Parallel Lines :smile:

-IT Expert in wireless stuff for 12 years (Radio waves, wireless phones, wireless AP's, RFID's...)
-Marketer for 9 years mostly offline.
-IM for 7 years.
-SEO for 6 years in this part I'm able to rank sites but I don't count myself a Guru cause there isn't one, I can say some kind of expert but wouldn't be compared to some dudes like blue hat SEO or CCarter or RD...

Anyway this is a brief intro about me and it looks like raw meat so it may hit your mind with some ideas :smile:

Nice to be one of BuSo's members :smile:

Wow, you have a lot of experience. I hope to learn a lot from you as time goes on :smile:

Wow, there are a lot of veterans here. I hope you guys will share some serious knowledge with us new-comers.

Madvillian... one of my favorite albums of all time. I can tell you're cool already lol.

No idea who RD is, I know CCarter of course (Because I have an internet connection)... but I still have a hard time putting anyone in the same category as Eli from BlueHatSEO.com, he's in a league of his own because he was blazing trails when everyone else was still wearing diapers.

Madvillian... one of my favorite albums of all time. I can tell you're cool already lol.

No idea who RD is, I know CCarter of course (Because I have an internet connection)... but I still have a hard time putting anyone in the same category as Eli from BlueHatSEO.com, he's in a league of his own because he was blazing trails when everyone else was still wearing diapers.
Yeah! remember ALL CAPS when you spell the man's name. Were ma nigga go? Figaro Figaro ! :smile:

Back