Got a problem. I don't sleep. What do.

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
So since I've been trying to optimize reddit traffic and posting times I've been staying up late etc.

Now I can only fall asleep at around 4am, 5am and I wake up around 2pm.

Almost like my body has now adapted to an american time zone.

what the hell do i do?

You can reset your body with light and food.

How to go about it.

Have dinner at a reasonable time. - Say 7pm or 8pm
Stop eating after dinner.

Stay awake all night, OR blast noise at your head at desired wake up time.
GET UP

Now, Have breakfast somewhere you can see natural light.

For the following days, have breakfast, lunch, dinner at the same time.

So let's say 8am, 12, 7pm.

If you aren't hungry then, sucks to be you. No snacking.

Especially important: Very little artificial light past 8pm.
If you absolutely need to use a screen, use f.lux to change the color according to the time.

::emp::

Melatonin - A natural hormone, used against sleep disorders like jet lag. It helps you to fall asleep faster and improves sleep quality.
Artificial light sends out blue wavelength light which stops your body's natural melatonin production.

You might want to look into the supplement form. I use it when I can't sleep or when I am jet lagged.

Thanks for the help, going to start the routine and try get some melatonin asap

This happened to me right after high school. Partying too much lead to me sleeping most days and staying up all night.

You just have to force yourself back onto a normal schedule. Force yourself to wake up at 8am, no matter what time you went to sleep the night before. DO NOT TAKE NAPS. It'll be really annoying for about a week, but then you'll be back on schedule.

The key is to combine sleep schedule and eating schedule.
We do this to our kids.

Come sleep time, they are out like a light.
(Well, the little one wakes up in the night some times, but that is normal)

::emp::

Force yourself to wake up at 8am, no matter what time you went to sleep the night before. DO NOT TAKE NAPS.

It's as simple as that for me. I get home from work at midnight, occasionally I get into the habit of staying up until 4am. When I'm ready to fix that I drag my ass of bed when it's time to get up and then turn out the lights when it's time to go to bed. In reality, a bit of self discipline as all you probably need.

What's the problem with going to sleep at 5am and waking up at 2pm?

That was my dream when I was 14 and, you know what? I'm fucking living the dream right now baby!

Yeah!

What's the problem with going to sleep at 5am and waking up at 2pm?

That was my dream when I was 14 and, you know what? I'm fucking living the dream right now baby!

Yeah!

You just said in your own journal that you were living on red bulls for energy. Now you're hooked on massive amounts of caffeine and the withdrawal is killing you.

Working with your bodies natural circadian rhythms, instead of using stimulants to fight against them, might benefit you.

You just said in your own journal that you were living on red bulls for energy. Now you're hooked on massive amounts of caffeine and the withdrawal is killing you.

Working with your bodies natural circadian rhythms, instead of using stimulants to fight against them, might benefit you.
I'm off that shit!

I was in the same position a few months ago. I would literally go to bed at 6 or 7am and wake up in the evening.

All you have to do is just force yourself to stay up for a full day, and then go to sleep relatively early. It took me a couple of days but I was back to normal after that.

Good luck bro

Back