Got a buyer for my website but he's trying to pull out.

Degree
Long story short, I got a buyer for my website.

We signed an agreement for him to acquire the website. However, along the way, he got into some problems on Escrow due to the fact that they don't accept IBAN (bullshit?).

I have a feeling who wants to pull out (said this indirectly) even after signing the agreement and this makes me furious. Why sign an agreement if you are going to pull out in the end? It has been two almost three weeks now and the transfer has yet to be made.

How do I make him honour the agreement? And is he allowed to not buy the site anymore even though we have signed a document?

Why not just let him backout?

What's the big deal?

If your website is good, someone else will buy it.
Plenty of other fish in the sea.

Who takes over is not that important... unless you're royalty ruling a country...

I would also say to let him back out. There's nothing to gain (other than money which you can get from someone else), but you don't want some guy that's dissatisfied, might start some kind of civil lawsuit if possible, and if not possible might seek some kind of retaliation later. Or even if you fight him on it and he still gets to back out, you don't want him sabotaging the current site. Just let him go, I say.

If he didn't go through with the escrow, you probably can't do anything (at least not worthwhile). Just let him back out if he wants to, and another buyer will come.

Back