Google Website Category Tool

Degree
Hi guys,

Google has a tool where you can put in your website and it spits out what they think it is about.

I have used it a few times but can't for the life of me remember what it is called or where I found it originally.. Does this tool sound familiar to anyone here?

Cheers :smile:

Are you sure it's Google? Majestic has the Topic TrustFlow score and category. It tells you if your site is "Government" or "Newspaper" or whatever as well as the TrustRank of your site for that topic (how far you are from seed sites for that topic).

There's stuff like finding your IAB category from the full list of IAB categories. This is the Internet Advertising Bureau.

I've seen lists of all of the Google categories, though I don't have a link handy, but like the IAB categories, it's pretty clear cut where you land. It's the same ones Majestic uses.

This?

2020-05-11_1826.png

Are you referring to their public NLP analyzer, where you input text and it spits out entities and "category"?

@Ryuzaki Do you mean the categories from their natural language api?

edit: somehow the link isn’t working as I expected. Just visit the page, scroll down to the demo section, try it and then select the “categories” on the right to see the link to all the categories.

Last edited:
If you guys want a more elaborate NLP API, check out https://www.textrazor.com/demo

They do a more thorough analysis than the public Google one, and is based off some of the same db's Google uses, like freebase, wikipedia, wikidata, and IBM Watson, IIRC

Back