Google not finding pages from sitemap

wikibum

BuSo Pro
Degree
Hey BUSO! I have a problem which I can't seem to figure out. Hopefully you can help me.

Here is the thing. The website sitemap is accurate and has all the new posts and old posts, etc.. It works and load perfectly on all browsers. There is no issue that shows up in the console/network with developer tools.

Thing is, when I check GSC, Google is not discovering posts from the sitemap. It literally has 0 under the column that says discovered pages. Screenshot below

oOWxV4z.png

I checked the caching of the website to make sure its causing any issues and I don't believe it is. Any .xml URLs are not being cached.

Does anyone know how to diagnose what the issue can be and fix it? I already went ahead and submitted the individual sitemaps (post, author, etc..) rather than just having the sitemap_index in GSC.

It literally has 0 under the column that says discovered pages.
Have any of the posts (old or new) been discovered in the past?
Did you check to confirm whether there are any manual penalties?
Is anything coming up with a basic search operator (site:example.com)?

Have any of the posts (old or new) been discovered in the past?
Did you check to confirm whether there are any manual penalties?
Is anything coming up with a basic search operator (site:example.com)?
- Yes
- No manual penalties
- Yes

This is resolved. There was never an issue on my website or the sitemap, etc. The issue was from GSC

I deleted the sitemaps in GSC and re-added the sitemap again. That triggered them to re-crawl and discover all the pages again. There was a non secure sitemap link in there which might have confused them?! Not sure, but a simple reset of the sitemap link in there did the trick.

Back