Google Analytics 3 to be deprecated on July 1, 2023 without data migration.

I'm testing Matomo right now, but am I right that it isn't real time updated?
It's always been real-time for me. I can see myself navigating the site while in the backend.

There are settings you can adjust from what i just read, perhaps I adjusted them 8+ years ago and forgot. (Source: Are Matomo reports in real time?)

Reading the source I guess by default it's 15 mins to process data, and you can adjust it to every minute?

I guess archiving is not real-time, but people navigating the site is if you go to the real-time area:

lud4Tvn.png

So perhaps just that section and others are off the archiving times.

Yeah I can see that but not the Landing Page report and such. That one just shows 1 visitors. If that isn't mostly real time, then it's really no different to GA4. Maybe I set something up wrong. I wrote support.

Matomo is not it for me. I don't like the design and the reports are not clickable in depth like UA was.

Plausible.io on the other hand seems very promising. It's honestly almost better for a quick glance. You can set up goals and testing this now and you can click your way around Google -> Page and so on. It's reasonably priced at 100.000 pageviews / month for $19 too.

I think this is it. It's very nice to look at and gives you the most important stats for a blogger/affiliate biz. Will have to look into how to set up more advanced goals than outgoing clicks, but the design choices here are exactly how you'd want it. Like I said, even more intuitive than UA, because a lot of stuff isn't there.

Check it out and lets discuss it.

Yo, WTF. I installed GA4 on a site, and see no data. Then I Google it, realizing I rarely pay attention to what you guys say here, What. The. Fuck? GA4 takes 24-48 hours to process?

YO.

What are you guys talking man? This can't be right.

What?

1PL1.gif

I'm doing something wrong right? You guys aren't just going to allow something like this right??

This literally makes looking at analytics useless. 48 hours to figure out what happened on our site 2 days ago and see if a current marketing campaign makes sense? Guys. Yo. What?

Yo, WTF. I installed GA4 on a site, and see no data. Then I Google it, realizing I rarely pay attention to what you guys say here, What. The. Fuck? GA4 takes 24-48 hours to process?

YO.

What?

1PL1.gif

I'm doing something wrong right? You guys aren't just going to allow something like this right??

This literally makes looking at analytics useless. 48 hours to figure out what happened on our site 2 days ago and see if what we marketing campaign makes sense? Guys. Yo. What?
I thought I had lost all my traffic or got penalized for link building. Turns out it was just GA4.

YO.

What?

1PL1.gif

This literally makes looking at analytics useless.
48 hours to figure out what happened on our site 2 days ago and see if a current marketing campaign makes sense? Guys. Yo. What?

Yep.

GA4 is completely useless for me and probably a lot of people. It's a broken product.

You can pay for Google 360 and get your data faster I think, but yes, Google has ruined their own best product.

I mean, some people claim you can make more fancy reporting and tracking and what not, but there's still no standard reports, no standard customization, so each client might have a unique setup to them, which makes it very time consuming for agencies etc.

If someone could make a basic "blogger analytics" they'd find a market I think. Plausible is ok, but I'd like that click-to-filter functionality of GA3 where you just clicked into reports and could see the ecommerce/page views income easily.

Basically someone need to make a copy of GA3 and a handful of views from that. That's all bloggers need. Events, ecommerce, organic, landing pages, etc.

I have Google 360

I can still use the Universal Analytics ( the product GA4 replaced )

With Google 360, I also have GA4

Guess which tool Im still using?

Plausible is ok, but I'd like that click-to-filter functionality of GA3

Just an FYI, Plausible, the free version at least, allows you to download your historical data from GA3/Universal Analytics: Import historical data

So before it gets deleted you can have it saved somewhere - for free.

Just an FYI, Plausible, the free version at least, allows you to download your historical data from GA3/Universal Analytics: Import historical data

So before it gets deleted you can have it saved somewhere - for free.

Seems like a good solution for a backup. I managed to get it up and running locally on my mac. Have you tried to import the data locally? Will try tomorrow.

Seems like a good solution for a backup. I managed to get it up and running locally on my mac. Have you tried to import the data locally? Will try tomorrow.

Imported ! Using docker desktop for macos. It's nice and interactive, you don't get all the data but it's fine. This plus exported reports should be enough

GA4 sucks so bad. It's still "Universal Analytics"... Universally Hated.

It's so bad that I only get on there during my end-of-month routine to grab pageviews, and even then there's no way to find the information by clicking around. If you do manage to find it, it gives you ROUNDED numbers.

I discovered the only way to get accurate numbers down to the single digit (instead of rounded at the 1,000's, is to SEARCH at the top using natural language. "Show me February 2024 total pageviews" and it'll spit out an actual number. It won't take me to any page though. That's absurd to me.

It's like they didn't do any user interaction testing. They didn't sit 100 real marketers down and ask them to use it. They didn't ask for surveys. They probably sat 10 "yes men" down in a conference room and let them watch someone give a presentation about it, with some higher-ups sitting in the back in the shadows. No pressure!

Prime example of what I call - fuckery.

If it’s not broke fix it anyway.

This. Very annoying. It's basically at this point, more work to give G more data for less in return. G3 did everything I needed and then some. Let the enterprise customers who need super complex or "upgrades" to feel important get into a different tier. Between terrible search quality and this...

I don't think any of this is a mistake.

GA3 was a free tool that undoubtedly cost a lot in hosting. They probably used it in the past to train various machine learning algos.

Sundar Pichai seems to make these decisions throughout the entire organisation.

He's all about cutting costs aggressively to pump up quarterly earnings.

The problem is that he can't or won't cut deep where it's needed, namely the 75% or so of unnecessary flufstaff that do woke stuff and post TikToks about their food. Look at Elon, he literally cut thousands of employees on day one.

However, we live in a society which does not allow any wrongspeech so all these tech companies that are in bed with the government need all this woke staff, which essentially serves as chinese communist party representatives.

serves as chinese communist party representatives.

That's who's behind Google Analytics 4? It's a long term plan to subvert affiliates and SEOs who are the backbone of the internet?

Occam's Razor - they are in an echo chamber and assume everything they do is a win. Some data science guys asked for some features here and there and they assume everybody else would want it no matter what.

This is also what happens when you have too many cooks in the kitchen.

So in order to please everybody, they please nobody.

It's simply over engineered.

Me love all the optimism in this thread. But me sad.Me cynical.
Me thinks its way simpler.
They get the data.
We get the delayed approved gas lighter modeled data.
Then we get called the stooopid plebeian for reaching wrong conclusions from sneaky modified fake data.
Something something national security.

modified fake data
But here is the thing - if you have Google Analytics 4 installed, and something that looks are your web logs like AWStats - wouldn't it be rather easy to show there is wrong data?

If you know you are getting 200 people form Hong Kong, but GA4 is reporting 120 - there would be an outrage that the numbers are inaccurate.

Unless no one has bothered to double check the numbers are right?

Do you guys believe they are giving you fake/modified data? I didn't even realize that was a concern.

They probably rushed the interface in GA4 because Universal Analytics wasn't GDPR compliant. Companies using it in Europe were getting sued, some countries were making moves towards banning it (Norway, Italy, Sweden, France, etc...) So rush out the new version that is compliant, let those who don't like it become BigQuery customers and deal with it later.

They probably rushed the interface in GA4 because Universal Analytics wasn't GDPR compliant. Companies using it in Europe were getting sued, some countries were making moves towards banning it (Norway, Italy, Sweden, France, etc...) So rush out the new version that is compliant, let those who don't like it become BigQuery customers and deal with it later.

I don't really buy this.

This seems like a convenient excuse, but honestly I think it's about money. Get those who can afford it to pay for Google Analytics 360, while getting rid of the 90% of small customers who will never pay for a google product except Google Ads, but Google also want customers to ditch the manual bidding and go straight to AI bidding and seeing results in Google Ads (also bad UX tho).

That's who's behind Google Analytics 4? It's a long term plan to subvert affiliates and SEOs who are the backbone of the internet?

With chinese communist representative parties, I don't mean actual chinese communists or communists in general, but their equivalent in the US government and the broader "elite".

These wokesters serve the same purpose, they allow for censorship, without the government being directly involved.

I use Fathom and Clicky, since both are reasonable priced for annual plans.

I was using Plausible for awhile on the monthly plan for $19 a month. This was too much money and when I tried to upgrade to yearly, they tried to get me to pay $500+ a year for the higher tier plan. No thanks.

Back