Google Algo Update: January 2016

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
There's been rumblings around the net that an update began in the past handful of days. Most of us probably saw correlations in our own rankings to affirm this. I personally saw some bouncing around and fluctuation with an overall gain. This agrees with the statement that Google has made:

Panda is an algorithm that’s applied to sites overall and has become one of our core ranking signals. It measures the quality of a site, which you can read more about in our guidelines. Panda allows Google to take quality into account and adjust ranking accordingly.
Panda has now been included in the main algorithm as opposed to a side filter (and now runs real time? Logically it seems that way.) Gary Illyes (@methode), public facing Google employee has been confirming this on Twitter recently.

I'm not surprised that my site made gains. I'm obsessive about optimization, high quality content, no user generated content, etc. My on-page game is tight and Panda rewards that.

This is definitely not the new Penguin yet, but it was most certainly a major algo update.

MozCast shows:
PyooLT4.png

RankRanger shows:
cdwGn01.png

Algoroo shows:
HRcXYL8.png

Accuranker shows:
XEhaBcD.png

Stole these pics from SERoundTable

You guys seeing anything on your sites?

RWeoHGf.gif

errra....... How are you going to disrespect the Woo like that @Ryuzaki?

Luckily With the Woo, you can get down to the country level. Looks like it started on Jan 4th, and it's completely worldwide. Most updates start in the english speaking countries, USA, UK, Australia, and New Zealand first (past updates). This is the first one to start completely worldwide, so this might indeed be the new algo or whatever they were talking about. They were stating it was going to be a continuous update, so yeah.

sw1.png

sw2.png

sw3.png

sw4.png

@Ryuzaki I've seen some good movement in the last couple days. Green all over dis bish! Seen some keywords jump up pages, particularly those which I've been slowly building only high DA and high TF links to. Sounds to me like the real-time algo update they hinted at previously. I'd expect to see considerable reshuffles in the SERPS. WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

CCarter - dude, that blog is awesome. I just started playing around with onpage.org's TF*IDF tool. I'm pretty excited right now.

Back