Goals for September 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetaData

BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
Seeing the August thread reminded me that we're a bit late with this one, but I'm sure you guys don't need us to remind you to set goals... So what were some of your goals for September and what are you still working on as we near the end of the 3rd quarter and get ready for that 4th quarter living?

These threads are going to become a monthly thing, so we'll all be able to easily look back at how far we've come, how much we've built, and to get some perspective.

Reflection is an important part of moving forward. Pay attention to your last brick as you place your next one...

Last edited:
I got a couple of things, all mostly revolving around SERPWoo.

I just loaded up all the holiday keywords, so if users add them, there will be some historical results - but mostly I am setting up a strong marketing campaign for international ground game for our affiliate program and expanding.

International SEO is pretty much in the middle ages, so if SERPWoo can become home to different international SEO groups that can speak their native language in a tight knit community then our overall exposure will be greatly reduced to any flux.

For now I gotta put the blackhat down, but still don't think I won't act up if need be.

I've got some revenue goals for a my major money sites which come perfectly in line with the holidays so it's time to gear those suckers up with new traffic leaks and get warmed up - cause this is the big leagues.

I also have to get back into the marketing basis, writing content towards overall marketing like in the past to get back in the branding game. I've got some plans for guides, bootcamps, and more to help people out but also help me re-hone my skills at presenting. Probably my goal for October is to get the TL domain up finally - should be interesting.

Right now I need to just keep doing two main things to my one site that hasn't crashed recently. I spammed most everything I had but the one I care about the most, and I got caught on all accounts. So on my main site I'm going to try to write one article a day and find ways to get legit and relevant links around the net. I only want them from related websites, which shouldn't be too much to ask. I'm going to start with forums, then move on to blog commenting. If I can make friends in those places I might be able to get some guest posts too. This site isn't ranking well like the others were, so I'll really be able to tell what is working or not. I just hate how long it takes. Hopefully the results last longer too.

Right now I need to just keep doing two main things to my one site that hasn't crashed recently. [..] I just hate how long it takes. Hopefully the results last longer too.

You should find out if there is a subreddit for your niche, and see if you can submit each article you create there. Eventually as people keep seeing your posts - if they are good, they'll get familiar with your brand. Think of your website like a business - either you can reply on that one asshole sales guy, Google, or you can have a team of sales guys, Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, forums, blogs, all churning out traffic. Magically when the others work to drive traffic - the Google guy starts sending traffic too.

Remember a link is for humans - not for robots. Get links where your target audience is - and you'll have live traffic immediately, versus waiting on the SEO benefits.

Remember a link is for humans - not for robots. Get links where your target audience is - and you'll have live traffic immediately, versus waiting on the SEO benefits.

The thing with this as well is that the link for HUMANS is going to be the best type of link you can get from an SEO standpoint too.

The only goal I have left for this month is to get my case study off to a good start here on buso.

I missed this thread but I'll be looking forward to the October version! I'll start getting my response ready right now hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back