Goals for January 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took on a mini challenge to create my first app. I got started yesterday after hours (full time SEO here), and am going to go live to android and itunes on the 23rd. I will likely take a small break for the last week of January before gearing up to hit it hard again in February.

Fitness
  • 3x workouts/week M/W/F
  • Stick with intermittent fasting at a deficit to drop fat
Business
  • Crush new project I just landed for high-profile client to secure year-long revenue
  • Continue to test and build my authority site
Social
  • Remind myself that abundance is the default mentality, not scarcity
  • Make it a point to speak to as many people as I can as I go through my day
  • Be upfront and honest about what I want out of the relationships I'm in, even if it ends them

Health
  • Start sports again
    • Second half of the month, easing in with stretching and moderate exercise. (Hey, I am old.)
Work (isn.ch , freelance, entrepreneurial)
Yeah, not hiding my workplace/ID anymore... it is ridiculously easy to dox me.. and has been done already. If ya wanna look me up: Marcus
  • Write article to send in to actual print magazines in Germany
    • Tech related : Outlining a cost effective and simple way to find related articles in a body of documents. This might not be doable in January, but I want to have the first version of it done at least. (To be given to a friendly person to edit).
    • Shooting for the IX magazine, we'll see.
  • 5 applications for new jobs
    • Since my work place will close down, the rubber needs to hit the road.
  • Get Google analytics certificate
    • Often asked for - not gonna be a big hurdle, just have to find the time to study.
  • Get related articles feature online at isn.ch.
    • The biggest hurdle here is my boss who is of the "we need to do and control everything MANUALLY" persuasion. I really want to push this, as doing this for 90K documents is not doable at all.
  • Five new articles for blind ape
    • Minimum
  • Freelance - Repeated pitch at two restaurant sites for new features.
    • One is sleeping at the wheel - Changes have been discussed but the go ahead is missing still.
    • The other is closing for a year due to renovations at the historical building - I am trying to convince the owner of a social media startegy for the whole year - keeping people interested and informed with cool stuff.
I am leaving out the other areas (finances, social, mind, family)

Busy month ahead
:D

::emp::

Last edited:
SERPWoo
I've got 2-4 features I need to code out. Random problems keep popping up, but glad they did as they exposed some slack we had in scraping.
Family
I'm spending more time with family and cleaning up my health. Im no good to them if I am dead. More whole family time and 1x1 time with each member. Sundays are going to be big days for this.
Charity/Faith
Sponsering a child in need over seas and then finding a problem to help those here locally/regionally.
Building Net Worth
I do good on revenue/income and I have a solid Net Worth right now. However, I want to focus on this and grow it at automated scale. Need to look into more options on how to do this.​

Many of these are also my yearly goals.

Health

• Weightlifting/Running for 30 days straight then at least 5x per week
  • Lose 10 lbs of fat
  • Cutting out soda, junk food, and replacing carbs with veggies
  • Practice meditation and prayer more often
Social
  • Rekindle with friends and family (past 2 years I have been kind of MIA)
  • Make 2 new friends every day by sparking up conversation
  • Improve my speaking skills by giving speeches/presentations at Toastmasters
Business
  • Integrate an organizational system for optimal productivity (Getting Things Done)
  • Focus on 1 main project until it takes off instead of struggling with numerous
  • Growth, growth, growth.
  • Network more than ever
Personal
  • Smile more often
  • Read 2 books per month
  • Prepare and give 1 speech every 2 weeks
  • Look at options for my first home
  • Be more aggressive and get what I want (I end up just looking assertive to others, anyway)
  • Destroy my enemies (bad habits and bad vibes)

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the freak accidents continue.

On Saturday I fell doing some weird exercise for the dads at the dad/kids gym.
Sprained my left wrist (thought it might be broken for half a day, but it got better). I'll probly have to wait with my exercise a week longer, I am afraid.
Also got really nice neck/upper back pain to deal with (from the sudden movment? I dunno, basically feels like I pulled something).

Well, I guess 2015 wants to play hardball.

On the other things:
  • Related articles at ISN
    • All of a sudden, this is a go. Coding, coding, coding.
  • Freelance
    • No movement here, sadly.
  • Job search
    • Sending my CV out today, looks like there is an opening that I am interested in.
    • Sadly not a lot of openings around right now.
  • Blind ape
    • Did one article... "only" four to go.
  • Tech article
    • Started outlining it, this is gonna be hard to get into a readable format for magazines. There is too techy.
  • Google certificates
    • Have not started learning.

January was an incident filled, accident prone, and generally shitty bitch of a month.
Meh, I'll break it down:
Health
Wrist hurt in an accident prevented me from sports longer than it looked at first.
Ankle was also acting up (probably related to the incident, just noticed later), so January went by.

Work 9-5
Related articles is a go, but we could not get to it because shitty migration project is moving like a glacier.

job search
Finally picking up, got one lead to come back to me this week (start of Feb)

Freelance
Buggering them again, people are sleeping!

Personal projects
Restarting a dormant project - and it is sweet.

Overall
D-
(I am being generous)

February, here I come.

I never did set out plans for the month in this thread, but the Yearly ones still hold. The progress I made towards them is that...

• Snagged Three Front-End Dev Client Jobs
  • Have the Case Study site about 50% Designed
  • Lost more Fat Percentage, dipping below 210 lbs (started at 240 about 8 months ago or so)
  • My personal schedule still isn't disciplined in terms of waking and sleeping. I'll implement some tactics surrounding this in Feb.
All in all, a success. But I want more and more to happen faster and faster.

thought i would post an update before doing feb.

SERPWoo
I've got 2-4 features I need to code out. Random problems keep popping up, but glad they did as they exposed some slack we had in scraping. This got knocked out for Jan.
Family
I'm spending more time with family and cleaning up my health. Im no good to them if I am dead. More whole family time and 1x1 time with each member. Sundays are going to be big days for this. Slacked like a mofo on this
Charity/Faith
Sponsering a child in need over seas and then finding a problem to help those here locally/regionally. This got knocked out for Jan.
Building Net Worth
I do good on revenue/income and I have a solid Net Worth right now. However, I want to focus on this and grow it at automated scale. Need to look into more options on how to do this. Working on this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back