Not open for further replies.

CCarter

Final Boss ®
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
Goals for April 2016

Time for the long-haul... We're in month 4 of 12 for the year, so it's time to really shed anything holding you back from victory and go at this thing of our with violent energy and a chaotic will to win.

lt7Sk1n.gif

This will be a very frightful time for my competition and enemies... We're working on the end game now.

Don't forget to update your March 2016 goals

--

My personal goals are as follows:

1. SAAS #2 - get the UX going at the very least.

2. Side-Project #1 - Flesh out the rest of the content and get the brand off the ground.

3. Side-Project #2 - Get this back on the ball.

4. SAAS #1 - Tutorials, guides, videos, and the whole nine-yards of new content to showcase the new power at the users' fingertips.

5. SAAS #1 - Sunset old interface by porting over the features still remaining.

--

This road is harsh and can be overwhelming at times, but as long as I take it one day at a time and at the end of every day (and throughout the day), I log what I accomplished, it makes the journey very much easier. This habit is just a habit now, so it's not even considered going out of my way. I also have a textfile that's simply a to-do list of things that need to be accomplished, and when I complete something I move it to my daily reports and log any additional comments or thoughts about it.

I've also implemented a "Sundown" Rule taught to me by Dan Peña which he got from Sam Walton. Anybody that communicates with me will get an acknowledgement at the very least before "sundown" or before I leave the office. This is going to be a new habit to train for cause communication can come from all arrays of channels, but I'll stick to it. Retarded communication, basically spam or waste of my time aren't going to get replied to still though.

My Aim Is To Only Move Forward...

My goals:

Site 1:

- Push my remaining affiliate pages to top 5
- 100k views
- 10k Facebook fans
- Add 5 more affiliate pages
- 2 Infographics

Site 2:

- Aiming for 5 quality links
- 2 Infographics
- Keep social accounts growing
- 10k views
- Start dropping more forum leaks
- Post *quality* 3 times per week, targeting long tails

and

FUCKING STICK TO TRELLO, daily summaries with Day One app

Last edited:
I've been sick since late late Wednesday night. Got better Friday and somewhat Saturday. Seems my virus or w/e took a lesson from Art of War and now I am miserable again to where I can hardly be awake. I thought it was just allergies, now I think its something else.

How do you all push through goals while your body is under stress from sickness?

I think I already know the answer, but someone from this forum always surprises me.

I've been sick since late late Wednesday night. Got better Friday and somewhat Saturday. Seems my virus or w/e took a lesson from Art of War and now I am miserable again to where I can hardly be awake. I thought it was just allergies, now I think its something else.

How do you all push through goals while your body is under stress from sickness?

I think I already know the answer, but someone from this forum always surprises me.

Mini naps/rests. For example, this weekend I screwed up my back again, so sitting/standing for any period of time hurts, so then I set some small goals, smash one rest a bit and repeat.

I do the same when I'm sick. Might be easier for me because I'm young but hey :tongue:

@eliquid

I've been sick since the beginning of February, while things are getting better it's slow progress.

Most of all it's affecting my ability to sleep > affects everything else.

I had a thread here about how I spent 3 months completely perfecting my routine, and it really was perfect for me at the time, but that's all had to go out the window since I've been ill.

That was more of a conscious decision, what I could have done is stick to my routine and my hours strictly, regardless of if I'd slept or not.

Instead I just simply had to adapt, so the trick is to do what you can when you can, focusing on the tasks that are truly important. 80/20 your time and activities. Hire a PA for a few weeks if you have to, that way they can focus on the more menial tasks.

I think it's stupid to fight against the tide, something Bruce Lee said comes to mind about the most flexible trees surviving the storm, while the most rigid simply break. I think that's pretty pertinent to illness. Adapt or fail.

Main Site
  • See how CPM ads pan out, raise the CPM floor to maximize earnings
  • Publish a lot of T2 and T3 content (at least 15 new pieces of content)
  • Get back to a round of in-the-trenches link building
  • Get in another leak or two, hopefully one big winner
Easy Flip
  • Build another round of Tier 1 + some Tier 2 juice
  • Possibly do another round on top of that later in the month

• Start my journey
  • Really establish my website in the industry
  • Grow my Facebook group
  • Become a more competitive runner, drop all the sugar water and eat healthier

Crash Course Project
  • 1000 visitors.
  • Implement ActiveCampaign at 10 email subs... so get 10 email subs.
Authority Project
  • Reduce organic traffic representation of my total traffic by 1% by growing other channels.
  • Create necessary content to stick to my new email schedule. Once a week updates + once a month big update.
  • Integrate functionality for second monetization angle & meet with 2 potential clients.
  • Increase revenue by 10% over last month.

April is going to be big. I feel it.
  • build more links to my flip project
  • get more clients / finish current client projects
  • build out my agency site
  • do a link building heist (this will be a disaster or the best thing I've ever done)
  • finish my diploma thesis
  • use more gifs
giphy.gif

- Write 12 pages for my book
- Launch a first version of an app that I've been working on

I usually do quarterly goals, so I am skipping some stuff here like reading another book (Effective Java) etc.

- Never view that first GIF on this page again (thanks CCarter)
- Continue traffic leaking on forums and social media
- Learn reiki (yup, going to level 1 attunement this month)
- Finish several articles on my main blog that were started a few weeks ago
- Finish all those Easter eggs

Never view that first GIF on this page again (thanks CCarter)
Violent and chaotic energy is the only way to approach this life, other is just passive, and no one wins big passively...

I have to disagree with you there mate, depends what you want to acheive

I have to disagree with you there mate, depends what you want to acheive
BIG wins. Passivity will get you no BIG wins. Imagine playing a baksetball or football game paasively- show me how you'll win that game?

I was saying not everything in life requires that route. Of course you're right, sports, making money etc do need a strong will and sometimes aggressive strategies, but not everything in life needs that for the best outcome. When my little boy does something wrong, sometimes the best way is to sit him down and quietly explain what error he made, and to teach in a way that will be taken in.

Let's get back on track!

Let's get back on track!
I don't know anything about raising kids, I can't tell you whether you are doing it right or doing it wrong. I have no opinion on any of that. This is an business forum, Big Wins is all I'm here for. Destroying the enemy is all I know.

Winston Churchill. The gent was known for staying in bed with mild colds. Public be damned. Interesting person to look to if one wants to perfect an eccentric style of doing business.

I learned fairly recently to perfect my way of being me. Took years for me to clear all my ridiculousness to be able to look at that as a possibility. So many unknown biases. So much baggage. Here is how I worked it out for me.

If I am able to push through, I do. How do I know I am not bullshitting myself?
No matter what, I treat myself like a school-aged child upon waking. When my eyes open I demand that I get up, swallow my morning hype pills, take a shower, put on tennis shoes,and walk around for 15 min outside (unless horrible out then I move for 30 min indoors). After returning I allow myself to make the choice to stay in bed or grind. Most often I deem myself a weakling for even suggesting copping out of work and choose to grind it out.

There are those days, however, when it is clear that I need to take care of the body/brain and stay in bed. That means resting. Catching up on sleep. Doing any activity that will get me back to work.

I also use that time to see if my systems break and to look at how many things I am doing that could be left undone. Call it penetration testing. Maybe do not call it that. Jesus.

My goals:

Site 1:

- Push my remaining affiliate pages to top 5
- 100k views
- 10k Facebook fans
- Add 5 more affiliate pages
- 2 Infographics

Site 2:

- Aiming for 5 quality links
- 2 Infographics
- Keep social accounts growing
- 10k views
- Start dropping more forum leaks
- Post *quality* 3 times per week, targeting long tails

My as well update, did not hit some of my goals, I now know what I need to focus more on. That's link building, despite having successful leaks I didn't get any backlinks from it.

SAAS #2 - Significant progress was made this month that should start the rolling snowball of momentum.

SAAS #1
- New keyword tool is just nasty and might be too powerful for the masses. I mean I don't even know how to explain the power. Just have to finish up some cosmetic stuff, and can go live.

Side-Project #1 - This one is a bit on hold until the major components come together, but it's all on my right now. I screwed up with fucking around with a theme forest design that's slow as molasses. It's a bit demotivating knowing it's got to be all done from scratch cause of these idiot template designers.

Side-Project #2 - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

--

Overall was a B+ month.

SAAS #1 - New keyword tool is just nasty and might be too powerful for the masses. I mean I don't even know how to explain the power. Just have to finish up some cosmetic stuff, and can go live.

Can't wait for a new tool to add to the armory! :evil:

Main Site

- See how CPM ads pan out, raise the CPM floor to maximize earnings

Ultimately at this point I don't have enough quality backfill to push this too far, so for the time being I removed 90% of the CPM ads, leaving some to establish some data and keep testing. I have figured out how I'm going to play it though. It's going to require more traffic first to get into a specific network.

- Publish a lot of T2 and T3 content (at least 15 new pieces of content)
I published enough. Not sure that I hit 15 pieces, but the stuff I did publish is already ranking or climbing the rankings for targeted and worthwhile terms. One is attracting links naturally already too.

- Get back to a round of in-the-trenches link building
I didn't really dive into this again yet, but it's on the books. I did some for sure, but not a ton like I intended.

- Get in another leak or two, hopefully one big winner
I didn't get around to it, but I have one rocking today. Just barely missed last month. The preparation for ones that might go big takes quite a while, especially now that I'm learning exactly which buttons to push on this platform. I take the time to think about how I'm wording everything, pushing buttons while remaining within the rules of the platform. Tight parameters but fun and very worthwhile when it works. When it doesn't, it's sad but at least I published another awesome piece of content on the site.

Easy Flip

- Build another round of Tier 1 + some Tier 2 juice

I didn't build it but I spent a good $200 or so on some Tier 1 links. I might send the tiniest amount of Tier 2 at it soon. I want to check indexation first.

- Possibly do another round on top of that later in the month
This didn't happen, it was too optimistic. The turn around time on the first batch was too long, but the quality was so good... mmm.

Ccarter,
I have a few accounts on serpwoo. It is a tool that I do not share because of its power. I want to shout it out to the world but I like it not getting much press from the corporate people. AND it improves constantly. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back