Goals for April, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetaData

BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
First quarter of the year is done and it flew by. The world of possibilities from January is starting to turn into reality, have you been on top of things so far this year? There are still 3 more quarters, but if you want to be eating in 2015 it's time to get serious about planting those seeds, for everyone who's been dragging their feet.

I didn't get everything in place that I mentioned in the March thread, but that means it's going to be a huge April for Builder Society. Some of it was waiting on outside forces to fall into place (Never fun, always frustrating - we're just going to bypass them altogether and do things our own way...) Other things are in motion but didn't quite come together in time. @Ryuzaki has a very cool announcement to make in the very near future, as does @The Engineer so keep your eyes peeled for that.

Aside from that I am going to make a big push for efficiently this month, automating and streamlining as much as I can to be able to give my best attention to the projects that matter the most.

What are you going to do this month?

I'll start:

1) Finish up the job I took over from my father. ETA 10 more days and then I'm DONE.
2) Launch my big new affiliate site that is currently under development and start a traffic leak thread on it once I start doing the marketing to help me keep up the momentum.
3) Sell my old e-commerce site to someone. Currently on Flippa but need to contact a few more people who might be interested.
4) Fly back home to the UK (finally!!)
5) Sell my old car
6) Buy a new car (realistically this is more of a May goal)

Here's the things I want checked off by May:
  • Have launched and gone through an initial promotion phase on my case study site, and continue adding content, fleshing out every category. This should result in links, social shares, traffic, etc., just ramping up the overall power of my domain and brand awareness.
  • Drop the announcement MetaData mentioned above... big things!
  • Wrap up some client commitments (and follow up a couple new leads and sign deals).
  • I got a few sites unpenalized recently and intend on flipping them soon. One I had designed myself and already converted it to responsive design. The other two are built on other people's themes and I've done a lot of custom work on them. I'm still waffling back and forth about whether I should take the time to make them responsive. I can't just change themes at this point, and it would be a nightmare and a lot of work that wouldn't result in an immediate change in income, but sets them up for the future flip. I need to decide and either act or close the loop.
  • I have a JV project with another gentleman that we are intentionally building a foundation and going to basically let it sit, with maybe an hour of interaction every few days on it and let it slow build up to a flip. I'd like to see that foundation complete this month.
  • And ultimately, I want to ramp up the case study site to the point where I can once again drop the client work. I've climbed and fallen three times now and finally feel like I understand which risks are worth it or not. This is the one. I don't imagine it's going to reach this point this month, but I want it well on it's way.
If these things all are accomplished, April will have been a good month.

Goal: Focus on current projects and stop trying to do everything myself.

Main Goals:
Close 5 small-medium local client projects then work on making them $$ which will make me $$

My goals as a startup design firm:
  • By the end of April, have completed 5 design/development projects to today's date.
  • Create 4-5 new loyal connections/clients for design.
  • Finish main SEO terms on my site.
  • Blog at least twice per week.
  • Hire a contractor/employee by the end of May.

As I wrote before, 2015 has been a really bad year for me, so far.

And now, to top it off, I am late to this thread ... eeks!

So for this month...

1 Game site
Decide what to do with this. It is not working as I planned, sadly, my initial concept seems flawed.
I need to see where to go and how to go about it.
I think I'll probably flip it, but need to put some serious effort into this if I want to build it to a nice price.​

2 Drone Site
ooooh, yes, my baby that I never talked about. Just started, should have 20+ articles by end of the month.​

3 Weight loss site
I have a small site selling leads to a doc for gastric balloons. All of a sudden it ranks and banks (not much yet) VERY surprising, as the site was set up and forgotten, hit all kinds of problems ( http://blindapeseo.com/business/int...st-customer-service-and-how-to-fail-all-three )
Is now online.. and getting leads. :surprised: And there is soooooo much broken, I am embarrassed. :confused:
404 links, no good internal linking, broken design left and right, etc etc...
Still ranks ... and brings money.

Plan of attack:
    • Put on WP base (maybe even use buso-lightning for this)
    • Fix all pages
    • Fix design issues
    • More content
    • Set up social media accounts
    • Link building
This site ranks on #11 and #6 for good queries with NONE of these.
Lazy SEO for the win. (yes, I do feel bad about this).​

4 Niche site
This is the one from the "let's build and sell quickly" experiment I did with badya and builttodominate.
Will add a few items / articles here and there .. to build it up for a nicer flip. Down the road.​

5 Client work
2 clients (restaurants) closed down, need to get that 3rd one to finally commit to his changes.​

::emp::

Mid-April update:

- Job I took over from my dad is finally finished after 3 months; had the final meeting with the client today and they are very happy - success!!!!
-bought a plane ticket back to the UK - going back home bitches, oh yeah!

Now I'm focusing on my big affiliate site, my dev says it'll be ready to go in 6 days, just enough time to get the social accounts going and the marketing/traffic leaking plan hammered out, stay tuned!

The sale of my old site stalled because of the 15 hour (groan) days I've been grinding out over the weekend. I'll catch up on some leads for that this week.

So far April is looking absolutely fuck-tons brighter than the first 3 months of the year- may it long continue.

I deal with the selling/buying a new car nonsense next month, it's all about getting that stream of income up and running now. Especially as I have no 9-5 right now and no contract work in the pipeline. To quote a song from 8 mile:

'Success is my only motherfucking option'

Better late than never..

Goals as of April 2015:
  • Lose 15 lbs (I got fat). I'm now 5'10/190 lbs.
  • Establish 1 new website (magazine style) for Latin America.
  • Establish 1 new website in the US (magazine style).
  • Double affiliate income from my affiliate websites.
  • Join a gym (and actually go).
  • Attend more industry events in 2015 in general (ASW, AdTech, etc).
  • Create new company website for hyper6
  • Network more
There is a ton more I'd like to add. But feel I will just overwhelm myself.

Good luck bros.

OK, end of month recap:

1 Game site
Still undecided.

2 Drone Site
20+ articles done, traffic is coming ~ at 2K for April (starting from the middle of the month)

3 Weight loss site
Doing better than before, but still a lot to be done.
You can follow this in its own thread.

4 Niche site
Dormant

5 Client work
That manager needs to lose his job.

::emp::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back