Gmail no longer requires Google+ - Same with Youtube

CCarter

Final Boss ®
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
Previously, Google required everyone to make a Google+ profile in order to get a new Gmail account. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. Now, that requirement is lifted. Sort of.

While it was still technically possible to create a Google account without tying into Google+, it was very difficult. Now, if you sign up for a Gmail account, you have the option of saying "No thanks" to a Google+ profile. This doesn't come without some draw backs, of course. You won't be able to leave restaurant reviews, rate apps or content on the Play Store, or perhaps most frustratingly, comment on YouTube. However, if you'd prefer to stay out of the Google+ fray, it's now an option

Sauce: http://lifehacker.com/new-gmail-accounts-no-longer-require-google-profiles-1637567362

Took these clowns long enough. I created a new youtube the other day and noticed that they allowed me to create one without a Google+ account, so I think it's pretty much over for Google+. I know there are some folks that took Google+ seriously, but really - you can't force social.

I'm not the type of guy who gets off on other people's failures.. buuuuuuuut.... I smiled when I saw this.

I had a video game youtube channel before Google+ was integrated with it. That single handedly ruined youtube. Suddenly I had auto-generated google+ pages, everything was being shared across two platforms without my consent, people were commenting on google+ and it showed on youtube but you couldn't reply on youtube. a giant clusterfuck and fail.

GooglePlus_zps57559807.jpg

Said while crossing yourself to signify the G+. LOL

Back