Introductions Thread

@Member 24 ,
Really appreciate that! It's been a whirlwind of excitement and frustration. I didn't have any sort of server-side validation incorporated.. fortunately the great folks who purchased the plugin were understanding and about 90% sent me payment. The plugin just.. works. The primary issue that I have run into is people having really bad hosting. My goal has always been to make sure everyone is satisfied. Really appreciate the good words!

@stargazr1968 ,
Hey it's all good! Another lesson learned. That's my hope that someone will read it and remember to check first with their payment processor. Got to learn from mistakes and hopefully stop others from doing the same thing :smile:

That's a cool philosophy to follow as a group. Ronins. I like it.
Glad to have you here, Kaizen!

I see what you're saying that most of what Google says is propaganda, but is there any other reason for your switch from White to Black? Were you finding White hat to be less effective? I feel like I get as much power from a good clean white link as I do a huge spam blast, with less risk.

Glad to have you on board and interested in your perspective on this! :smile:

Calamari, I think it's very sensible to keep your day job if you can still manage your online job too. I'm sure it's a wonderful source of cash flow and like you said. You'll retire very early! Can't beat it. Thanks for joining us :smile:

I agree that SEO is fun. I'm a numbers guy and less of a people person. I can do it but I'd rather not. If I can rank a site and not interact with people, that's so much more satisfying than pushing products and doing customer service and all of that. I'm sure I'd make a lot more money doing the other, or working with a team and letting someone else do that. I'll grow into that one day :smile:

Thanks for joining and sharing!

Pacman! The orange ghost (the scariest one!)

5 years is a long time. I bet you're far more advanced than you realize and more so than most :smile:

Looking forward to learning from you :smile:

The primary issue that I have run into is people having really bad hosting.

I bet that drives you mad having to deal with something constantly that's not really your fault. Do people feel like you're trying to pass the buck on to someone else rather than support your product? How much time are you spending on customer service with this?

Oh no worries man. It can be frustrating at times, but I just put myself in their shoes. They paid for a product that isn't working for them.

So I'm just as upfront about it as possible. I think it really has to do with how you handle the situation. Instead of just saying, "Sorry not my problem". I say, "Hey sorry you're having problems. It is definitely a server-side issue. The reason I know this is xyz. Even though it isn't the plugin's fault.. I'm still willing to try to help". I truly feel bad when it doesn't work for them. The few times it is a fault on my end I make sure I take care of it.

I find that goes very far with people. I just treat them how I'd want to be treated. You know? To answer your question, I spend about 30 minutes a day tops at this point.

Moving forward though, it is a lesson learned. I am still improving WP Pumper; but also working on my own SaaS that will go into early beta next couple of months. With that everything is handled on MY server and they just get a small shell plugin that talks to my server. That way it will run on about anything :smile:

Thanks for the question!

Hey there, we've been around for 3-4 months so we're still definitely in the early stages, consider yourself an early-bird and we're happy to have you on board!

Well I am on a few of the SEO forums and mostly keep quiet unless in private. Looking to branch out a little more....

I have a very colorful past and have been doing business on the internet since 1999. I have spent the last 5+ years working on various SEO related projects both whitehat(fuckkk) outreach and blackhat campaigns.
Was pretty internet infamous around 2004 and I am on the shortlist of people who have actually been indicted/convicted for violating one of the CAN-SPAM Act statutes.

Looking forward discussing some cool ideas with you guys.

Hey bash, welcome to BuSo. We definitely don't consider ourselves an seo forum (at least not exclusively) so this should be a great place to branch out a little more for you. Glad to have you on board!

That's good their is only so much you can discuss about the current state of SEO....

Some of you here might know me from WF/BHU. I was just invited here today and I love what I'm seeing so far. I'm no SEO/ marketing guru, but I am knowledgeable about quite a number of things indirectly related to this space. I went pretty much AWOL from the whole internet scene, mainly because of a bout of severe depression triggered by the loss of a family member and a good friend of mine, but I've realised that life is for the living and I've kicked myself in the ass and have vowed to keep moving forward.

Okay enough of that. Currently I'm working on my baby, a little site that I've began developing a few months ago. Not making any money yet, mainly because I abandoned it for a bit. The good news is that it's been aging, so woohoo! I'm writing the content myself. This site has the potential to go in many different directions. Eventually, I want to create an entire product series (ebooks) and market them ferociously. Right now, my main aim is to build a strong community. Not focusing on SEO. I'll be traffic leaking my way to oblivion. Search traffic will come, but I now know it's not the be-all and end-all of traffic.

With all that said, I'm happy to be a part of this blossoming community, I'll contribute as thoroughly and as best as I can! Hats off to all the great people I'm seeing here so far. @MetaData @CCarter @Hitman-Zone @RadiantDarkness just to name a few. With you guys here, I know this forum is off to a very bright future! :smile:

TL;DR : I like this forum... alot. :wink:

very new at this, want to build profitable stuff. done a lot of lurking elsewhere, and it seems pretty daunting today. Even so, I've started a couple basic parasites which if they work out then build a bigger site on same topic(s). big fan of the BHU heavy hitters, really please they found a new home.

Hey Jane, welcome to BuSo, great to have you on board! Don't be shy to ask 1000 questions, whatever it takes until you have a clear picture of exactly what to do. There's no secrets, it's a lot of hard work and grinding and the best way to learn is by just doing it. Sounds like you're off to a good start!

Thank you for the kind words and welcome to the forum, happy to have you here :smile: Glad you're back on the grind, let's Build!

I'm Nole Dude. I am a year out of college and am working as in in-house SEO for a fairly large company. For the past 3 years I knew nothing but white hat SEO. I got all of my information from Moz and Mr. Cutts. Like many others I stumbled upon a post from @CCarter by chance, and have learned more in the past couple of months than I did in the 3 years of bowing down to Rand and his gang of SEO bloggers.

I hope that I soon have enough cash flow to quit my current job and focus 100% on what I truly love, which is scamming people on the internet (jk). I feel like I'm CLOSE. Just need to stay focused and set achievable goals for myself. Hopefully you guys can all steer me in the right direction :smile:.

For the past couple of months I have been a big time lurker on forums so I'm going to try and break out of my shell and contribute more. This seems like the perfect community for it.

Fun fact: I own an urban farm.

Hey man welcome to the forum!

It's a great feeling when you can leave your job and go at it 100% for yourself, it's cool that you have a job in the industry tho - that's always a +.

(Don't tell anyone I said this because it's supposed to be hush-hush, but the next section we open up will probably be all about the mental game... motivation, organization, philosophy, getting your head right for success, exercising, eating right and how it all ties in together... I think it would be a great spot for a thread about urban farming if you're up for it..)

Hey Martin, welcome to the forum! It's great to have more agency folks here. Looking forward to your contributions and helping you out in any way we can :smile:

Aware. I hear you're the patent king. Would love to chat more one on one about it if you're willing? I can't PM you, so if you don't mind could you hit me up? I'm not on other forums, not actively anyway so would be better to do it here in God's wood that is BuSo!

Hey guys,

I got recommended to come over to Builder Society by Carter, standard.

I'm Charles Floate, 18, own an SEO Agency based in London and way to many domains for my bank accounts good.

I run the God of SEO Blog, and a bunch of other stuff.

I'm really into my affiliate marketing at the moment and have been developing tons of strategies for Facebook marketing.. Including the tactics I used against Alex Becker & Wyatt recently.

I class myself as a "Grey Hat Technical Internet Marketer" and have had past encounters with the hacking/programming industries..

I currently code Python & C# and am always building custom scrapers.. Which may be why I have a ton of domains.

Glad to be here, time to look around!

- Charles

Oh! man you again ! anyway don't scam people bro enough ripping off people, you have a second chance here don't waste it, now I forgot about our fight and settle down, means you can promote you stuff don't copy paste from here dude, and make sure I wouldn't be your first enemy.

Aware. I hear you're the patent king. Would love to chat more one on one about it if you're willing? I can't PM you, so if you don't mind could you hit me up? I'm not on other forums, not actively anyway so would be better to do it here in God's wood that is BuSo!

Nah! there is better people like Bill Slawski and many other, @MrSoiza also know much about patents, and he can help you, I can help you to know how to read patents and extract important information, I may share something soon, to be honest I stop doing SEO for a month now because I have better projects to work on. My knowledge and updates will be decreased and I wouldn't know what works and what not.

But still I will share the basics you need to understand patents and be ahead of your competition.
Also not forgot @Ryuzaki who knows enough about semantics, Information Retrieval, Latent semantic analysis...

Hello world. I am Mayhem, the 100th Builder, is such a privilege to be part of this community; I like what I see so far.

None of you know me, YET; I've only been a lurker in some forums as WF and BHU since I discovered internet marketing some months ago, yes, pretty new in the business.

My name is Diego, I’m from Peru (my mother language is Spanish, I still need to work on improving my English) – I don't surf with alpacas or even own one (Alpacas are awesome tho) – I am currently studying industrial engineering in college.

As I said I’m new at this business but I already have some huge plans and ideas to try as time goes and i become big in the Industry. I know I will learn tons of things in here and I’m willing to eventually give back to the family when I have something of value to share.

Let the killing begin!

-Mayhem

Truly infamous. Not infamous for being a pain in the ass. Welcome Bash.

I appreciate the support guys.

I may (with emphasis on the may) create a thread where I discuss some of the goals I'm working on without publicly spilling the beans about too much of my process.

Let's see how things shape up here first. I'm liking 98% of what I see so far.

There's got to be some money in the urban farming arena. Welcome Nole Dude.

Obvious spam-post trying to rank your youtube video for surf with alpacas but I'll let it slide. (jk!)

Welcome to the forum Mayhem! Your English is great, muy bueno-er than my Spanish.

Yep no amount of Online Reputation Management is going to help my serps.....

Hi all,

Come over here form the "Ronin"chat as this is the place to be, I have been in SEO for the past six years or so. For my day job I head up the SEO & Content for Europes largest online pharmacy in London. I am though trying to go it alone by creating my own affiliate sites and building a portfolio of clients via consulting.

I dabbled in blackhat/greyhat SEO several years ago but went more whitehat due to the day job, but fed up with that now and I am now soaking it all up with blackhat means as I now want to be my own boss. Currently starting out some interesting case studies which I will post here

Thanks

Max

Your English is better than most first-language speakers!

You think surfing with alpacas is awesome, you should try it with a Lion! *aloha*

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for introducing yourself.

Back