Given an opportunity I simply can't squander

Degree
Firstly I want to thank everyone here at BUSO for the endless knowledge and resources to build.... especially CCcarter and Ryuzaki.

My past:
Before I tried my hand at IM, I worked a 9-5 customer service position in finance but always thought I had it in me to build an online business. I dropped out of college because it was too boring and I figured I'd make more money moving up the corporate ladder or I'd try something online. Ultimately, my online ventures were short lived half-ass projects crashed to the ground and I never got use to working for others. As of this year I was prescribed Adderall and I've never felt more capable in my life...which I know can be a slippery slope that I'm trying to mitigate cost vs benefit (it's been 6 months and I take the same dosage as when I started as well as take a week break every month or so).

Currently:
Just a few months ago one of my friend's who's been trying his hand in internet marketing for over 10 years decided to hire me full time with intentions of being my mentor and eventually building something together once I'm not a total n00b. So far we've worked well together, don't distract each other often, and overall have a great few months. I feel forever indebted to have an opportunity to live life on my terms (turns out I enjoy working 12-14 hour days six days a week if I'm fulfilled) and I intend to work long ass days for 20+ years to come because I know I just have to keep showing up to bat if I want to hit a home-run. In my new role I'm largely in charge of SEO, outreach, coordinating project strategies, split tests, as well as work with writers/editors to ensure content is optimized and the angles align with our core principals/ vision.

Difficulties:
While I'm beyond fortunate this role has proven to be more stressful/anxiety inducing than I anticipated so I'm attempting to discover what's sustainable for myself. I know I didn't earn the position I'm in and my back is against the wall but if I want to remain happy/fulfilled then I need time to re-coup (which is currently all day Sundays). I honestly feel like an imposter or a wantrepreneur... but I know I'll prove my worth given some time. I can't let myself or my friend down...

I'd love to hear if any other new-builders has similar mental battles or what they've found to be sustainable?

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
You might be a wantrepreneur, which isn't bad, we all start that way, but you're not an imposter. You're in the role and doing it. It's the real thing. We all have stuff to learn still and you may be earlier in the learning curve but you're doing it right. You're in the trenches and you're seeking solutions to whatever real life challenge arises directly in front of you, instead of wasting time on theoretics.

Having only Sundays is rough, but everything you're doing in your current position is directly applicable to running your own projects, so zero time is being wasted. I would say to make sure you're paying attention to what's working on not in your day job position so you can outsource those things on Sundays. If you know what works, and you have cash flow, you can pay to have those things done to play catch up on the time you don't have.

Good luck and welcome aboard. I hope you stick around with us.

Degree
You might be a wantrepreneur, which isn't bad, we all start that way, but you're not an imposter. You're in the role and doing it. It's the real thing. We all have stuff to learn still and you may be earlier in the learning curve but you're doing it right. You're in the trenches and you're seeking solutions to whatever real life challenge arises directly in front of you, instead of wasting time on theoretics.

Having only Sundays is rough, but everything you're doing in your current position is directly applicable to running your own projects, so zero time is being wasted. I would say to make sure you're paying attention to what's working on not in your day job position so you can outsource those things on Sundays. If you know what works, and you have cash flow, you can pay to have those things done to play catch up on the time you don't have.

Good luck and welcome aboard. I hope you stick around with us.
Thank you for the inspirational words Ryuzaki. I suppose the intrusive thoughts originate from being granted the opportunity but I’m determine to make this work. There’s no going back.

My friend opened my eyes to the power of outsourcing and luckily we have the resources to do so….I just need to get better at seeing through the smoke (ie what can and can’t be outsourced) and my team building skills.

It’s a lot to take in at once, but I’ll be here for the long run.