Getting dozens of low quality links weekly

Degree
For some time now I've been getting dozens of links weekly, according to Ahrefs.

However, these links are very low quality (mostly blogspot blogs).

Example report (this week):

RasXE7t.png

This week I've gotten 54 and lost 16.
Last week I've gotten 75 and lost 17.
Two weeks ago 92 new, 14 lost.

What I am trying to say is that I am getting lots of them and only losing a few.

All these blogs have spun content with 0 readability, and most - if not all - backlinks have an image as anchor.

Thoughts? Should I be worried/disavow them?

The way I understand it is that google figures out they are trash, and you don't have to worry about it.
There is a chance that the links will help for a while, and boost your rankings, but eventually, they will be removed.

Your domain should not get punished.
But it might look that way because you lose rankings. In reality, it is because all those backlinks have been valued as worthless.

That's the way I understand it, but I hope others will chime in!

Don't worry about them. You'll never be able to disavow them all. Google gives them no value. Continue focusing on growing your business and ignore that spam.

Hey, just out of curiosity. Have you checked what's behind those links? Are those somehow backlinked also? And if yes what kind of links, and how many of them and when? There might be lots of tier1 links like you described but, one or few among them might have anchor text you are trying to rank for (not only image links or numbers etc.). I would say, in any case try to disavow as much as you can. BTW, to me it looks like some cheap $5 backlinking service, so no much worries however, my advice is: just kick them out by disavow tool to have better sleep. Those kind of schemes if executed properly will do the job, sometimes.

"A picture is worth a thousand words" they say. So, if somone managed to got right timing, tension and power of link scheme, then it should work :smile:

nBUsUCZ.jpg

I'd disavow any of the web 2.0's. The crap like "keyword research" sites and image scraper galleries and Wikipedia re-uploads and Alexa rank listers can be ignored. The web 2.0's can cause damage.

I'd disavow any of the web 2.0's. The crap like "keyword research" sites and image scraper galleries and Wikipedia re-uploads and Alexa rank listers can be ignored. The web 2.0's can cause damage.
I was always ignoring these but today I decided to disavow all blogspot crap on one of my sites. I believe it was a total of 250 of them or so. Will be interesting to see what will happen.

what happened @Bladhark ? I have a similar thing happening

Not Bladhark, but I disavowed just over 1000 referring domains which was about 1400 backlinks, around 2-3 weeks ago. Nothing changed so far; still waiting for an update.

what happened @Bladhark ? I have a similar thing happening

I didn't see any noticeable effect, but I have to say that I didn't keep a close eye on it either and my normal SEO campaign just continued, so any effect would've been hard to spot anyways.

But I'm still getting a lot of these links daily, so I just put the whole (in this case) blogspot domain in my disavow list.

I didn't see any noticeable effect, but I have to say that I didn't keep a close eye on it either and my normal SEO campaign just continued, so any effect would've been hard to spot anyways.

But I'm still getting a lot of these links daily, so I just put the whole (in this case) blogspot domain in my disavow list.

How do you do that?

Personally, I use Ahrefs to download everything that has "blogspot" in the URL and add all of them in the disavow list.

Is there a way to automatically disavow any blogspot URL without having to go through downloading a list of the blogs and adding them to the list each time?

How do you do that?

Personally, I use Ahrefs to download everything that has "blogspot" in the URL and add all of them in the disavow list.

Is there a way to automatically disavow any blogspot URL without having to go through downloading a list of the blogs and adding them to the list each time?
Yes you need to add it in the disavow file likes this:

domain:blogspot.com

As far as I know that will disavow any subdomain links from blogspot as well.

You can read a bit more on the topic here:

https://webmasters.stackexchange.co...ill-disavowing-a-domain-include-all-the-subdo

Back