Getting back into it!

Degree
I have a habit of my mind jumping all around so hopefully I'm not all over the place.

I started doing affiliate marketing back in 07 or 08. I found out about this website called SourceKey from DatPiff. Found out most of the stuff they put up was copy/paste from IM bloggers. That's when I found out about WickedFire and that changed everything. I networked with a lot of people and really loved everything about marketing, well most of it. After some failed and some successful campaigns I eventually took it serious and registered an LLC for my company.

I never really got into SEO and focused mostly on PPC campaigns. I can get into further details but I'm sure everyone has heard about the same story. I did end up joining IMGrind at one point. I did enjoy doing lead gen and giving customers quality content and emailing new offers/opportunities instead of just selling the lead and be done with it. I also enjoyed this instead of doing some shady bizopp.

The only thing I did that was close to SEO was making blogs on a niche that I actually enjoyed. I remember writing a new blog post every day for like a year. I also developed a video website that was all customized, something similar to worldstar. But I found out it was hard to monetize a site like that.

Where did I fuck up? Well focusing on my company and working long hours I became less and less social and depression hit hard. My friend saw this and he gave me a perc 30 to "help" me get through my depression. By the way, I do not blame him. I made that decision and I could have said no. The worst/best decision I ever made. It was the worst because well I got addicted for 3 years, all my money was spent on 30s, and became even more miserable. The best because after I got clean it was the best feeling in the world. Getting your dopamine back and the pink cloud feeling is one of the best feelings I have ever felt. I became a better person, more out going, and I made so many new friends. Better friends, even. I try to look at it as a blessing in disguise. I just hit 2 years clean a couple months ago and it feels great.

I'm sure there are a lot of things I'm missing like doing mobile offers and what not. But I went on wickedfire and saw that place is no where near the place it used to be. I forget how I found this site but whoever is in charge, thank you. I do remember CCarter and having some chats with him back in the day, glad to see he's still killing it.

I'm looking to get back into running my own company again. I know I have to read up on a lot and have no idea where to start but I'm going to be reading a lot here while putting some stuff into action. I have a pretty good job and I love it but nothing beats the feeling of running your own business and hopefully in the future I can quit my job and focus on my business but that all depends on me. I plan on making a couple blogs again just to do something, anything, to get my feet wet while I read up. I forget a lot of stuff like tracking and which software is better now a days.

I feel like I wrote too much and I'm all over the place. Anyway, any suggestions are great and thanks for making this forum.

Wayne

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
@ItsYoBuddy, welcome back to the game. I'm glad you've straightened out the negativity in your life. You should be more resistant to stress and temptation now, which will be useful on your way to the top! You may enjoy our Crash Course if you haven't seen it to help you get a bird's eye view of what the landscape looks like these days.

Degree
@ItsYoBuddy, welcome back to the game. I'm glad you've straightened out the negativity in your life. You should be more resistant to stress and temptation now, which will be useful on your way to the top! You may enjoy our Crash Course if you haven't seen it to help you get a bird's eye view of what the landscape looks like these days.
That's perfect to start reading and hopefully things will start coming back to me. Thanks!