"Fresh data - usually replaced with final data within a few days"

Degree
Something happened with one of my sites on GSC
CJVzU0.jpg

Click-through wise there is a small improvement (I am talking about 4 visits more than average), but nothing as dramatic as what the above impression graph shows.

Is this a good thing? Should I expect more traffic in the coming days?

ETA: Average position has seen a nose-dive - from around 40.8 to 72.0 now. So, I guessed that a lot of 'crawled, not indexed' pages are now into the index. Which does NOT seem to be the case though.

GSC is usually a couple days behind so you should already see traffic changes through GA if those impressions are pushing traffic

Avg position is tricky because you could be too 3 for your target keyword but if there are a lot of long tail or related that have you lower, it'll drag the avg down

You can set up a comparison in GSC and sort by change in impressions to see which page or pages are driving this dramatic jump

It could also be something like appearing in an image carousel that nobody ever clicks on but is in the #1 or #2 slot and gets a ton of impressions.

GSC is usually a couple days behind so you should already see traffic changes through GA if those impressions are pushing traffic
Ha, I wish. I do not see any big traffic change right now. It could either be something like what Ryuzaki has suggested (which is technically possible since I am in a visual niche - but I doubt it though), or my pages are showing up for a ton of new keywords; except they are quite lower down the SERPs so nobody clicks them (perhaps explained by the lower average position).

Back