Free Unique Images From YouTube

wikibum

BuSo Pro
Degree
I know a lot will abuse the shit out of this "trick" (if you want to call it that) but I also hope that this helps the good guys out there with a tight budget start their journey. It does save time and you do get "original" images since they are not already in Google's index. I tried searching the forum to see if this was posted before but I couldn't find anything, so here goes.

First, please read this: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2797449. I don't want to be held responsible for messing up someone's blog - on the contrary, I hope this helps get you some relevant images without you having to create your own.

YouTube has a large collection of videos licensed under one of the Creative Commons licenses or the Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication. Videos as you know are made up for millions of still images. Here is what I used to do to get relevant images for guest post articles or articles I was posting to get links, etc.. Personally I wouldn't use those images on my own blog - rather on guest post sites, etc..

1. Go to YouTube and type in a relevant keyword to the post you are writing about
2. Use the Filter option >> Features >> Creative commons
3. Click on a video that looks high quality and preferably not a talking head
4. Pause the video when you see an image you like, then take a screenshot of paused image.

Done.

For example. If you have a food blog, you can watch a cooking show video or content and screenshot the images of the finished dishes :-) You can even be picky and screenshot only the winning dishes of the competition.

I prefer just to steal images from Reddit and Facebook.

No, I just pay people $15 for some images from Reddit and Facebook.

There's a Chrome plugin called "Screenshot YouTube" that makes this process very easy. Instead of having to print your screen, snip, etc., you can click the little icon for the plugin and it will automatically capture the frame of the video at a resolution of 1280x720.

Back