Free Images for your sites

MBS

Degree
Many of you may already know these but does not hurt to share again if someone does not know of them

Anything with a CC0 license can be used for personal and commercial use WITHOUT attribution

pixabay
pexels
unsplas
realisticshots
splitshire

Nice. Here's a big list of other places.
  1. All the free Stock – AllTheFreeStock.com is a curated list of free stock images, audio and videos. Find all the best free stock images and videos in one place.
  2. Splash Base – Search & discovery platform for free, do what you want, hi resolution photos & videos from travelcoffeebook, startupstockphotos, littlevisuals, gratisography.
  3. Startup Stock Photos – Take ’em, these things are free. Go. Make something
  4. Jay Mantri – Free, do anything (CC0) pics.
  5. Moveast – This is a journey of a Portuguese guy moving that decided that every photo should be used for free.
  6. Travel Coffee Book – Sharing beautiful travel moments. All photos are listed under cc0. That means you can do whatever you want with them.
  7. Designer Spics – Free photographs for your personal and commercial use. This includes websites, presentations, brochures/packaging/labels.
  8. Death to the Stock Photo – A photo & inspiration haven for creatives crushing their path. Free photos by email every month.
  9. Foodies Feed – Download 1000+ beautiful realistic free food pictures in high resolution and visit our food photography magazine worth sharing.
  10. Mazwai – Download free creative commons HD video clips & footages.
  11. Jeshoots – Free royalty images.
  12. Superfamous – All free images.
  13. Magdeleine – Free photo of the day on Magdeleine.co, a blog that features the best free high-quality stock photographies for your inspiration.
  14. Little Visuals – Sign up to get 7 hi-res images zipped up in your inbox every 7 days. Use them any way you want.
  15. Free Photobank – Free stock photo site. Download pictures up to 2048 pixels, with Creative Commons licence.
  16. Free Range Stock – High-resolution stock images and textures for free with photographer ad revenue sharing system.
  17. Free Images – More than 16000 FREE digital photographic images for web, publishing, and design. Royalty and cost free stock photos.
  18. RGB Stock – Free stock photo site with more than 100000 totally free stock photos online.
  19. Dreamstime – Download from over 51 million stock photos, illustrations, vectors & videos from the world’s largest community in royalty-free stock photography.
  20. Image Free – Free images to download.
  21. Stock Vault – Over 90.000 free stock photos, textures and graphics for your next project. No attribution required.
  22. Public Domain Pictures – Home of public domain pictures. Free for private and commercial use.
  23. Free Digital Photos – Royalty free images, high quality stock photos and illustrations, perfect for your online and offline projects. Small sized pictures all available free.
  24. ISO Republic – Free stock photos for creatives.
  25. StokPic – Free high resolution stock photos for commercial use.
  26. Kaboompics – Breathtaking free stock images for business or personal projects.
  27. Lock and Stock Photos – Free stock photos to use in any way, anywhere, anytime.
  28. RaumRot – Stunning lifestyle imagery for modern creatives. FREE authentic and unstock images for your next project.
  29. Bucketlistly – A free creative common collection of over 4000+ travel photos anyone can use.
  30. Get Refe – Royalty-free, high-quality, natural looking photos.
  31. Gratisography – Free, use as you please, high-resolution stock photos for personal and commercial projects.
  32. Lifeofpix – Royalty free images.
  33. Pic Jumbo – Free stock photos.
This list was taken from here: https://blog.neatly.io/500-free-tools-to-help-you-bootstrap-your-startup-in-2017/

Here's one more list that you might find useful. It's full of marketing and SEO tools.
http://saijogeorge.com/best-marketing-tools/

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
I worry that one day, Shutterstock will contact people who are hosting their images, asking for proof of ownership - despite that being a massive job that would take forever...
I recently removed all "dodgy" images from my sites that I "obtained" using "methods" just in case.

Unlike with Getty Images, which are (mostly) exclusive, the images on Shutterstock are on a dozen or so other run-of-the-mill stock sites. I would think that, combined with the time and effort it would take, would make it way too problematic to be worth the trouble.

Shutterstock is a cut above most other stock agencies, so probably some exclusives there. They have lots of money from me from past subscriptions so I don't have any qualms about snatching the occasional photo from them (imagine the shitshow they'd bring on themselves for suing a past customer).

Every image is a free image if you've got solid opsec.

Back