Found website content in archive of my domain name.

Degree
Alright, I've settled on a niche. I spent today coming up with a brand. I was using flamedomain.com to generate domain ideas (and thus a brand name).

I made sure to check the metrics of the domain to make sure that it was not spammed by a previous owner. Everything seemed a-okay. I then checked the wayback machine to continue checking that it wasn't a foreign site.

The most recent archive entry in the wayback machine was 2013. I checked the website and it had 16 articles. After running the articles through various plagarism checkers, they were all 100% unique.

The downside to these articles is that they are the usual 500+ word, mediocre, filler-type content. Now I could jazz up the articles a bit and scattered them around my silos; but I only want the best content on my website.

So I was thinking... these would be pretty great for some tier one links and traffic leak posts. Would there be any harm in using these articles as backlinks (considering that they exist nowhere else on the web except in a 2013 archive)?

That domain generator is awesome, thanks for mentioning it. here's an interview with the 17 year old who made it, pretty interesting. Also, I wouldn't use some mediocre filler articles for trying to leak traffic.

I'd probably build a web 2.0 out of them.

Thanks for the recommendations!

I've been writing a really awesome article to start dominating a sub-niche in my industry. One area at a time, I can do this! :smile:

Yeah you'd better not use a filler content for the white site. And yes use it for pumpers. But what you can do else, is to notice all the former page urls and check whether they have some backlinks and if yes, restore these pages with good content this time, or at least 301 them to other pages of your site.

Back