Forum signature links question

Degree
Hey folks

So I've got a few niche related forum signatures with anchor text for a site. Some of the forums have hundreds of my posts on, going back a few years, so I'm wondering if google will ignore most of them or whether it will harm the sites? Maybe with so many the link should be to the company name instead of a keyword? What is the best practice for this?

Also as an aside, is livejournal worth bothering with from an authority point of view? It seems like it's full of utter shite and isn't that user friendly.

Thanks

For those signature links I'd definitely, no questions asked, go for:
one of those.

Way back in the day when I got started, I thought to myself "Hey I have an account on a forum with 2000 posts, let me drop my first site on it with the keyword." I did and after about three days realized it was a bad idea but it was too late. I dropped out of the rankings for that term and never came back no matter what I did. Was it going well over the threshold? Was it going over and yanking it back? I don't know. But I literally fixed the problem as Google would have asked and never came back. It was definitely related to the anchor text and not the links or quantity.

You may even consider using a nofollow tag if you can slide it in there.

Thanks Ryuzaki, I have now made it the brand, so keywords describing what it is followed by brand anchor. The site was actually improving for the keyword but that could have been from other factors so I will see if it helps.

Back