Fixed 12% Commission from Amazon Native Ads all November!

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
I'm not sure if this is just for the US market or what, but they've been emailing about it and now have banners up pushing this in the affiliate backend.

Fixed 12% Commission from Amazon Native Ads all November!

90crrif.png

*The following categories are excluded from this promotion: MP3, Video, Game Downloads, Gift Cards, Grocery, Video Game Console Products and DVDs.
If you've ever considered giving them a whirl, now is the time.

Terms and Conditions
  • The limited time fixed fee (“Promotional Fee”) is applicable to all eligible associates for purchases generated through Native Shopping Ads starting on November 1, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. PST through November 30, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. PST after which time the Promotional Fee will no longer be offered.
  • The Promotional Fee is applicable to all Product Categories except MP3, Video, Game Downloads, Gift Cards, Grocery, Video Game Console Products and DVDs.
  • All Native Shopping Ad products offered in any format on Associates Central is eligible for the Promotional fee, including Recommendation Ads, Search Ads and Custom Ads.
  • Section 2. of the Associates Program Fee Schedule under the heading “Limitations on Advertising Fee Rates for Certain Products” does not apply to this Promotional Fee.
  • We reserve the right to withhold advertising fees for purchases that we determine in our sole discretion to be abusive (e.g. use of bots or automated software) without limiting any of our other rights under the Operating Agreement.
I've got mine in the worst position possible so that they get about a 1% CTR, but they score about a 5.5% conversion rate, and I'm certain they don't negatively impact any of my other offers due to their placement. This has been over about 6 months.

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by me.

I was literally just doing this. When I first got the email I plopped one in with an awful placement and am seeing similar results. I'm adding more as we speak with better placement. They seem to work well and 12%...

I'm surprised I haven't seen this on every guru's website. It should be a choo-choo motherfucker.

I have tried those native ads, more specifically product recommendations ads before and throughout my testing they have not had any significant CTR or revenue compared to contextual affiliate links.

So I removed them for slowing down website loading speed and making my website a tiny bit more spammy looking.

However, if they offer 12% commission for November, then it might be worth it.

I'm so tempted by the 12% commission to add these, but do people actually click and convert?

If there's a way to integrate the ads tastefully, then I'll give it a try

but do people actually click and convert?
If there's a way to integrate the ads tastefully, then I'll give it a try

I put mine at the bottom of a certain type of post, like where you see 99% of native ads around the net. I get about 1% CTR and a 5.5% Conversion after that. This is targeted traffic on looong posts. It's to pick up stragglers that love the post but aren't engaging.

I could insert it into the middle of the post and boost all that but I have other monetization going on through out the post I don't want to mess with.

I see it as monetizing a percentage of my traffic that I'm simply wasting otherwise.

I could insert it into the middle of the post and boost all that but I have other monetization going on through out the post I don't want to mess with.

Yeah, that's my concern as the content on my site is made up of super targeted review pages (where I don't want the ads) or they're funnel pages that link only to my review pages. I'm wary that the ads will be a distraction, but I'll give them a try at the end of my funnel pages to catch the stragglers.

My overall Amazon conversion is 9-11%, so this should be a nice boost for the month :smile:

keujiZi.png

They're back for round two!

In April you get 12% flat rate. Might be worth slamming one right in the middle of your content near the top or replacing an ad block, especially on high volume traffic sites like Viral sites. It's a race to drop cookies hard and fast.

I'm not taking the bait myself but I'm sure there are those who could make an absurd amount of cash from it.

I don't get it. I have been trying to wrap my tiny little head around this. In Feb they role out new commission structure (went live March1) for US affiliate which mirrors that of the EU. Then they role this out.

I'm newer to Amazon, but do have some native ads on a couple of pages at the bottom articles. You can make your own custom ads, its not like they are controlling which products are being showing in the ads, unless you opt for it.

Got out of Amazon over a year ago now..

I'd suggest anyone looking to be a serious physical product affiliate look at dropshipping, direct programs, brand programs and CTAs/PPLs.

Move away from Amazon.

I don't get it. I have been trying to wrap my tiny little head around this.
It's a play against Adsense. They want people to keep their Native Ads on their websites longer and longer on the site replacing Google Adsense. They are figuring once money starts rolling in people are less likely to go back and replace the Native ADs back with Adsense cause of overall "effort". They're wrong.

With plugins, and proper setup switching out AD blocks is less than 5 minutes worth of work. Native ADs wants to replace Google Adsense as the defacto option. It's like when an Affiliate Network give incentives to drive in more traffic and sales with prizes, it then has affiliates leaning towards that particular network more and more overtime.

The commissions being switched has nothing to do with the play against Google Adsense, it's actually counter-intuitive, but this is what happens when you grow so big each department has different internal goals and from the outside it looks like Amazon's left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

I'd suggest anyone looking to be a serious physical product affiliate look at dropshipping, direct programs, brand programs and CTAs/PPLs.

I saw an interview with you talking about doing this on YouTube. I've done the same with good success and I think it's a seriously good move.

Haven't been getting a lot of clicks on Native Ads, but they're doing better than AdSense was. The click conversion is identical to Ryu's was in Oct., 5.5%.

Back