First Traffic Leak Victory

Degree
I've been quietly following along the CC9 and decided (like a bunch of others) to make an authority site myself. For the longest time I was just sitting on forums, reading about people's success and not actually doing anything. I guess I was afraid of dumping so much time into something only to see if fail.

Well I decided to go all in on a website in an extremely competitive niche. Health industry.

I spent most of January getting the site presentable. I optimized for speed, got my CTA's in place, had a logo made, made all social accounts, and I loaded it up with content (still needs more). It looks pretty damn good if you ask me.

Anyways, I started actively leaking traffic to my site this past Friday and I've had over 500 uniques since. 0 from Google. I also got 3 email sign ups. Not much but it's still a victory.

Now I know 500 visits isn't something to write home about, but for my first attempt at traffic leaking it felt pretty damn good. Just thought I would share this and thank everyone on this forum for all of the inspiration. This is a special place and I hope it stays this way for a long time.

Cheers

Now I know 500 visits isn't something to write home about

I would go ahead and pat yourself on the back. If nothing else, you created a site you're clearly confident in, and you took action (which most people end up never doing).

Not only that, it worked.

Hats off buddy, now go do it again!

Thanks man.

Definitely not even close to where I want to be, but I'll take all the small victories I can get.

Definitely not even close to where I want to be, but I'll take all the small victories I can get.

Got to slay a few dragons to get to the princess.

500 all without the G is very good!, congratulations. I have also been making a bit of head way with leaks,
And the traffic can be razor targeted in certainty niches.
So it's very encouraging, instead of waiting for google to show you some respect you can take a day old site and start generating revenue.
I will soon experiment on a single page sales site, with good leaks, I bet with the right niche and product I can blow the roof off my current gains.

With the one leak channel on my current project, my conversion jumped,

Keep it up homes, I really thing this can be a better, faster form of marketing. It's like creating the social proof off site.

I started actively leaking traffic to my site this past Friday and I've had over 500 uniques since. 0 from Google. I also got 3 email sign ups.

kMX11nd.gif

Well done man sounds like a good start.

Any info on where the visits came from or where you're planning to leak traffic from?

@barney2k One of them was from a highly targeted Facebook group that I joined. Posted on a personal account. These seem golden since people post links a lot. As long as you aren't blatantly advertising they seem cool.

The other big contributor was a reddit post on a fairly small subreddit.

And then a few from some Forum posts, nothing significant though.

Thanks for the info @Nole Dude

Seems like Facebook is a real traffic driver for the majority of people here.

Are you planning on scaling that up with fake accounts? Try and find some vaguely related groups and make content that ties the two together?

Back