Finally introducing myself

Hi guys,

I think it's time to introduce myself to the community.
I've been lurking in the shadows for quite some time on BuSo.
Today I saw this thread and knew I could help as I fixed this myself multiple times.
Then I noticed I don't have the privileges to post on that thread.
So here we go :smile:

I've been doing SEO for ~10 years. Like most people I had my ups and downs, but I never had to take a "real" job.
My most successful years were when link spamming was working well when GSA SER and low-quality PBN links were good enough.
You could dominate the SERPs easily and make thousands a day. I still remember one of my 5-page websites, which was making thousands a day (maybe someone remembers the garcinia and Dr 0z times).
After these links stopped working I took some time off from SEO. Tried a few other things online, couldn't get them to work (I probably gave up too fast).

What I noticed (after trying some other things) is that I love SEO and just can't let it go so easily.
Fundamentals didn't change that much. If you have the funds and your niche is not ultra-competitive it's still worth it IMO.

I'm back in business since late 2018 or so and started working on some authority sites.
They are making somewhat decent money and I'm working on scaling these up and selling them for a good payday.

As I've mentioned I'm pretty good at fixing WordPress speed issues (just decreased the speed of one of my sites from 5 sec to 2 sec yesterday).
If anyone needs speed or SEO help hit me up.
Happy to be here and it's great to be part of a smart community.

ToffeeLa

BuSo Pro
Welcome into the harsh light, janky. I'd be interested to hear what you have to say in that thread as well (as well as any of your other experiences).

Welcome into the harsh light, janky. I'd be interested to hear what you have to say in that thread as well (as well as any of your other experiences).
Thanks
Coming soon, once I get the 3 likes, I will post it.

This is the one I fixed yesterday:

Mobile still needs a bit of work, but I don't think I will bother with it, it's good enough TBH.
The load time wasn't that bad before, but the $3.5/month shared hosting server was becoming way too crowded. So I moved it to a $5 DO droplet (actually $10 as I'm using cloudways and don't want to deal with the setup more than necessary).

This is a best xyz amazon page with 15 products (images + buttons), things to consider+faq.
11 active plugins

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
(maybe someone remembers the garcinia and Dr 0z times).

Garcinia Cambogia, Raspberry Ketones, Acai Berries, Deer Antler Extract...

I never joined in but I was an associate of what was basically a "diet pill cartel". It was all legal, of course. The ring leader had his own line of supplements put together and everyone in this "cartel" worked as affiliates or in small teams together. Gobs of money got made but I was too focused on something else.

I saw the diet pill re-billing eventually coming to and end and authority sites being the way to achieve lasting success. I regret not getting involved because even if it was to come to an end, so much money was made in such a short period of time, I could be retired right now.

Of course it's still wide open but that's just not my path.

Fundamentals didn't change that much.

Yeah, I agree. The basics are still in place and more important than ever. On-page and "On-SERP" if we want to make up a new thing can get a bit more complex these days, but the link building game is far simpler (in complexity). Nothing was easier than firing up Scrapebox, Sick Submitter, Bookmarking Demon, and all that old stuff. But it wasn't simple, scraping your own custom lists and filtering and cleaning all day, etc.

The link game is harder but simpler. Quality over quantity, which means you need to be able to justify those high quality links by having a high quality site build and content. Or have those be "good enough" and have the link building budget it place to get it done otherwise.

Well done on the page speed job. That's one of my specialties too, it's always a fun and unique puzzle each time.

I'm glad to have met you recently (digitally!) and I'm glad you've decided to post instead of just lurking. Catch ya around the forum. You should have the likes you need. Just one more post and you're a single, short cron job away from posting wherever you want.

Yeah, those diet pills were hot stuff. I remember I first started with Green coffee pills.
My affiliate manager asked me why I'm not doing Garcinia Cambogia, as it's the new hot girl in the town.
1 week and 50K spam links later, I was doing $300/day on webs.com web2.
Shitty sales page with shitty content, 0 design. Then it got deleted because of spam :smile:
That's when I created a real site for it and I optimized everything it was converting 3x better.
+Meanwhile I ranked the website the trend grow 5x more too.
Good times.

And yeah it was kinda a cartel thing, you could get a bottle for $2 (bulk) and I was getting paid $50-60 per sale. I didn't last until rebills became an issue. SERPs started being manually looked at, as my sites were dropping out every 3-4 weeks.
It was funny to watch it, they manually removed me from google.com once, but they didn't remove me from the "other googles". Australia was making me $1K/day for weeks after they removed me from google.com LOL. Special thanks to the reviewer who didn't drop me from google.com.au, appreciate it :smile:

Unfortunately, I lasted only for a few months in the niche, it was brutal and I bet my competitors were reporting my sites like there's no tomorrow. It was a dirty niche.

Anyway, after rebills started (some) affiliate companies had big issues. The company CEO for whom I worked for lost it all, after being sued by you know who. Last time I talked with him, he was living in an RV. Sometimes it's good to be an affiliate and don't have so many risks I guess?

Yeah, I remember those times too. When Sick Submitter (especially those pligg bookmarks) were working very well. I ranked some crazy keywords for clients back then. I remember I ranked for a lot of e-cigs real estate and many other difficult keywords
This was way before Garcinia and unfortunately, I was too stupid to have my own sites and make real money.

Yeah, Onpage became a bit more complicated, but if you are following trends it's still not hard. And links got a lot more expensive and to make it worth you have to build quality sites now. Which sucks, but oh well.

Nice to meet you too, hopefully, I will be a useful member of this community.
Appreciate all the gold you shared in these years.