FB sales for 2 major rap artists?

OG

Degree
Hey guys I have a concert with 2 major rap headliners, i'm struggling to sell tickets but I need to sell 4k.

We've only sold 2 so far but the event isn't until may, my budget is about 10-15k but I need to sell out all 4k, does anyone have any experience with this or think they would like to take on the project?

Well since no one wanted to help I guess i'll just update this thread with my experiences.

When I first posted here my first ad copy sucked so I remade it. My banner was too "night cluby" when I have an outisde event that can hold 8k people. At first I was just trying to sell the artists and now i'm trying to sell the actual event. To help sell the event I got a carnival ride group to get a ferris wheel and a couple other rides, the group wanted me to pay a deposit of 1k and then do a 50/50 split on rides. Instead I told them they could have all 100% earnings because my budget is straped atm and I'd rather have that 1k towards adspend $$$.

I re-did my ads and ad copy and spent:
4/21 $126.89 USD = Resulted in 6 50$ ticket sales (2 buyers of 3 tix)
4/20 $59.10 USD = 0 ticket sales

My adsets are still a little high i'm paying for clicks right now and have only gotten a total of ~275 clicks. My highest is $1.04 and my lowest out of my adset group is $0.56. I expect these to drop today as fb tends to drop the longer you let these run.

I'm targeting a 50 mile radius and am still only targeting one of the artists until i have the cheapest cpc's.

I'll keep updating this and letting you guys know how it goes

Have you tried getting radio spots on the rap stations?

Reached out to sell sponsorships that could possibly increase your advertising budget? (maybe a beer company, invite them to set up a tent and sell beer. I guess this is probably handled by the venue itself though). Anyone who'll give you money for you to say "sponsored by" though.

To add to @Ryuzaki's post, I think it will be worth to focus on offline activities. Below are some more ideas:

1. TV Station. This might sound far fetched but at least where I live you can buy TV spots on local stations for dirt cheap ($20-$30 an ad). The main cost with this however would be the production costs to create the TV ad.

2. Flyers at local colleges/sport events. Cheap and easy to do, get some pretty chicks to hand them out.

3. Posters/beer coasters at local pubs (which I believe I read in @CCarter traffic leaks post). Fairly cost-effective to create and shouldn't be that expensive to convince a pub owner to hang up the posters/use the coasters.

4. Buy an ad spot within local weekly/monthly magazines/newspapers.

Got to ask yourself the question where people that like rap music hang out and how to raise awareness in those areas.

A few more online ideas:

1. Buying posts on Facebook fan pages. See if some exist specifically for your area/state where rap fans might hang out.

2. Local online newspapers. Ads/sponsored article could be bought on these, shouldn't be that expensive.

3. Local meetups websites. I have no idea if 'rap meetups' or whatever exist or not but could be worth checking out. See if there are any upcoming events and offer them food or drinks in order to sponsor the event.

eBHNDiJ.gif

I think the reason for the initial no-response was cause your title was pretty weak. I saw the title and just moved on, but when I got a notification someone tagged me, I read it. these are the campaigns I live for. There is so much you can do, but the biggest goal should be to get influencers to influence their audience to buying tickets.

Rapper fan pages - Like stated above, fan pages can be had by simply contacting the owners and negotiating a price. Obviously the 2 rapper's own official FB pages should be pushing the event as well as dedicated fan pages. As well as fan pages of other related artists Shit if you have to offer something additional besides money, do it.

Record label - the main records labels of the 2 rappers should have official channels to communicate activities to, FB pages, twitter, their own websites, Instagram accounts. Get them to push the event too.

Bars with custom audience - You're going to need street promotion too. People handing out flyers in areas around where the event will be located. You said a 50 mile radius, find all events for the next month leading up to the event and see what you can do to pass out flyers and get street promoters pushing the event at the ground level.

I remember back in the day we threw a major party down in South Florida and we got together a schedule of all radio events, nightly promotions already going on, and events, and went to every single one of them and hit them up over and over on schedule 7 days a week for 2 months straight. We would promote every night passing out flyers - this was like in 2003 days. We'd were pushing the event all along fort lauderdale coast down to South Beach and back up again, over and over, it was a crazy time. But it got people there and talking about it.

Contest ticket giveaway - Another angle is the radio angle which is huge, it's sometimes better to concentrate your efforts on 1, 2, or 3 big influencers instead of going around to smaller ones, but hell you have to do what you have to do. Radio is huge for promoting events to the masses. Get some official radio spots on there, and see if you can do a contest a week or two before the event where everyday a lucky caller that can "recall the phone number of the event or the website - silly questions that are designed to have people embed the details in their minds of the event, they call in and answer the question and win tickets. The key takeaway is it is for promoting the details of the event.

Here is where you have to take it to another level - you've got to straight bribe people.

Lets say you buy the radio spots to get into the door, do something where you are buying lunch for the whole staff for that same week you are running the ads and/or contest, - get real chummy with them, and even give them free tickets. The key is to get in good with them, someone that's buying you lunch everyday for a week, you feel obligated to, so they'll push it a bit harder than normal promotion. It's also key to ask them for contacts street promoters and other big promoters for events of that size. 1 well connected promoter will fill that whole arena in no time.

Bribe him as well. Shit It's about getting as many people to push your event for you as possible. If they aren't making direct money, at least buy them lunch whenever you are in town or around. You have to make contacts so the next time it's way easier to get the word out there about another event.

Car giveaway - Shit might be too blackhat for some but you can pretend to give away a Lambo at the event to get people there. Rent a real Lambo and have someone you know "win" it at the end of the night, your sister's brother-in-law or some shit. Only you and him are in on it - the point is when you are promoting the shit that's one more additional think you can add on-top of it. Obviously tell no one that the shit is rigged, fuck it, our whole lives are rigged since birth, why not...

Back to top promoters - Back in the day again, we had a chick throwing parties for one of our events and I'll never forget it, radio spots were on point, people showed up, hundreds, but there was still this one dude - I never seen him before, he was hired to get top people there, right as people were lining up, dude was hustling extremely hard on his phone, and he got tons of people, even Snoop Dogg showed up and several radio personality - anyways I'll never forget it cause he was on the phone and "dialing for dollars": "Yes, everyone is out here, Snoop and The Game just walked in! The Ferraris and Lambos are lined up outside, ya'll need to be here!" The crazy part is, I was outside with the team, there wasn't a single Lambo or Ferrari there 0 I had my Benz, but that was about it outside - dude didn't give a fuck he had a job to do, to make sure this place was over max capacity, and he was grinding all day and night to get it going even till the last minutes. The party was already huge, but he was still grinding, I gained a life lesson that day, keep grinding even during the success.

Anyways, get a top promoter on your team, ask questions, and get guidance, but most importantly get him to start dialing influencers to get people to that event. It's easy, get him paid and he'll push that shit like no tomorrow. It's great cause you are selling tickets online, from what I understand, so that's a whole lot easier then getting people to a party then having them pay at the door.

Underground radio - DJ of the main radio stations and promoters should know the contacts to these underground radios, if you can get them to promote your event as well, that's just additional gravy, pay them whatever it takes.

What's great is you'll be able to easily track what's working since your sales are online, so if you are rotating your bribery gig from one radio station to another, week by week, you'll quickly figure out what radio stations get sales - keep grinding at those ones, and what ones' don't get sales - you can keep their contacts for future, but don't waste too much time and money buying lunches for staff and advertisement at the same time for places that bring little ROI. However always get chummy with everyone at the radio station, even the fucking security guards and janitors - this is important, when shit is crazy, they'll just let you walk by cause you bought them fucking lunch that one time (Great if you plan on robbing a place, but that's another story).

Street promoters with flyers going to all events, radio, bars, concerts in the radius and hit them up on a calendar schedule - we had a calendar of every promoted event. We got flyers handed to us too, so we knew that people that went to these parties responded to flyers being handed to them - duh, we went to those parties, events, bars, radio events, or whatever and made flyers rain on cars, in their hand, and more. Funny story - one of my first ever traffic leaks was us handing out flyers every weekend in South beach, we'd get at least 2,000 to 4,000 visitors a day to the site from those days - but we never handed out more than 300 flyers a day - so you do the math.

Barber shops - Buy lunches for these guys too, offer them free tickets, and tell them to let their customers know about the event, also leave tons of flyers with them. They've got promotion connections too that can be useful down the road.

Local fast food joints - Depending on the establishment, you can promote around these places, inside, or directly to their customers about the event. (One dude mentioned posters and coasters - something I may have mentioned a while back - remember people will push your shit if you give them a good reason too. Bribery is a always a great reason.)

This is an event, make sure the rappers you are promoting are also promoting it to their audiences as well, shit get access to their twitter and shit and go bananas, why the fuck not?

The first events we threw, we pushed a ton of limits way more than I care to admit, but the success came with each event. There has to be street cred to your event, that's why top influencers, Facebook fan pages, and official pages are necessary as well as the radio push. Buying people lunches, snacks, and giving them free shit and at the same time going through the official channels to buy proper radio ads, you'll get a ton more love from them.

Remember this is America - everyone is for sale, and every things' got a price. Sadly most people can be bought off for the price of one Big Mac.

Last edited:
I screwed up, "Bars with custom audience" i also meant using Facebook custom audience of people that go to bars and local events in the 50 mile radius and promoting to them.

Reactions: OG
Lots of great ideas in here and stuff I already do a lot of. My street team usually does 2-4k sales alone i'm just trying to increase it on the web. So far i've spent about $550 in adspend and have sold ~26 tickets so fb is starting to look up and up. My cpc's have dropped to about .6/click and i'm getting ready to ramp up and start spending 500$ a day in fb ads.

I have flyers ready to go out to all junior colleges in the 50 mile radius on cars in the parking lot on top of radio slots I already have.

Fingers crossed I can keep these ads booooomin :smile:

Update:

I'm at 50, $50 ticket sales with about 900$ spent so far been testing diff fb angles and am finally getting the cpc right around where I want it. Doubling my adspend tomorrow up to 400$ lets see how this hoe does

Back