Facebook Shadow Ban

luxer

In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity
BuSo Pro
Degree
Does this exist?

I can't seem to find a reliable answer anywhere. I have been subject to Reddit shadow bans before, curious if anyone has run into a Facebook shadow ban on a business page before.

And if it does (which I highly suspect) does anyone have a solution to fix it?

Thanks!

Can you be more precise?

Are you asking about postings on your own page being invisible to all except yourself?
Are you asking about your postings on other business pages going unseen?

Hey Ryuzaki,

Perhaps shadow ban is the wrong word, unless there are different levels of shadow ban.

Does Facebook penalize business pages that utilize spam like tactics such as posting to hundreds/thousands of groups?

Someone else will know better, but I think I can lead you down the trail. My guess is that by posting on all of those groups, you aren't getting a high enough ratio of engagement to keep your Edge Rank high enough, which hurts your reach. Edge Rank is Facebook's own metric for their own algorithm.

"Edge Rank".. very interesting. Is this information available anywhere or only to employees of Facebook?

Thanks for that link Rsheng, I was wondering if there was a company or service that had built the ability to gauge it outside of Facebook. Similar to how we can check other metrics with other services.

There would be tools available but Facebook gives you most of the data you need already.
When you post something if more than 4% of people engage with it then you've got something your audience likes.
These sorts of posts are ideal to turn into ads as you'll have some social proof already and it will be highly relevant to your audience.

More than 4 percent is considered good on FB? I am surprised to learn this. I did a few quick Google searches seems the average is only 2%.

More than 4 percent is considered good on FB? I am surprised to learn this. I did a few quick Google searches seems the average is only 2%.

If I averaged $2 an hour at my job ( which I do BTW, CCarter should give me a raise ), then wouldn't $4 an hour be considered "good"?

Yes, they do.

Post too much on a brand FB page and you'll be able to see all of them..

However, if you log off and into a new account they will all be gone.

Same is true even if you post once on a brand page. Not sure how they approve/disprove instantly, but they do. This is true even on Myspace era account.

If I averaged $2 an hour at my job ( which I do BTW, CCarter should give me a raise ), then wouldn't $4 an hour be considered "good"?

Absolutely, and I am sorry to hear how underpaid you are Eliquid. :neutral: My surprise is more that such a low number 2-4 is considered a good engagement rate. I suppose it depends on your audience and niche as well. Something that is highly targeted will obviously have a much higher engagement rate.

2-4 percent just seemed low to me. Close to a standard conversion to sale rate on an Ecommerce website. Basic engagement versus all the way to checkout being similar just surprised me. I was certain that I had spammed myself out of favor. I get excited and murder websites with links and shares sometimes. Bad habit, but I blame the whiskey. :evil:

Yes, they do.

Post too much on a brand FB page and you'll be able to see all of them..

However, if you log off and into a new account they will all be gone.

Same is true even if you post once on a brand page. Not sure how they approve/disprove instantly, but they do. This is true even on Myspace era account.

So similar to Reddit (shadow ban) or Linkedin (post deleted by mods) you can see the post but nobody else can?

Back