Facebook Pagename Change

Degree
Its good to see that a lot of you are using facebook for traffic. So, I think I can ask my question here.
Have you ever had a page name changed. I thought nothing of it and changed a facebook page name. One of a feeder pages, but i thought I will change the name for keyword purpose. Most my facebook pages rank easily, and i just tweaked the keyword. And, boom, my reach has gone down like the page is dead. Just a few thousand reach from tens of thousand.

I don't want to test on another page, but I just wanted ask as well as warn if any of you have experienced the same.

BTW, did anybody follow the thread on blackhatworld by Indianbill. I did it on a small scale that time and it was wonderful. But it just was pretty tedious unless I had a few cheap VAs doing nothing but that lol

Another thing that you may have noticed is that personal profiles with follows are given very good reach. But getting follows is something I have yet to master. KidZZ with names like that with a snapback hat and some bling posting kushandwizdom seem to get a lot of follows lol. Created a sexy chick but follows are still low. Need more time and dedication. Maybe follow leaking from groups. You can add a follow admin link, but that's most you can do. You will need several personas unless you are the face of the business. Oh well, I wish I was sexy

I'm not sure about changing a name dropping your reach but I'm interested. It might be a protective measure against people buying up pages and immediately doing mass spam. Could be a matter of you just building your Edge Rank back up with a few quality, relevant posts.

KidZZ with names like that with a snapback hat and some bling posting kushandwizdom seem to get a lot of follows lol. Created a sexy chick but follows are still low.

So many people are trying to do stuff like this. The hot spot right now is Instagram but they are only allowing it while it builds their userbase and causes people to get addicted to using it. Then they'll crush it.

Case in point, Twitter just deleted thousands of parody / character / and lifestyle accounts that existed to gain a ton of fans by recycling nonsense. The problem is that they are designed to grow fast and circumvent the need to pay for advertising. These account holders are selling tons of posts off to various agencies and making a killing doing it.

Instagram is definitely going to shut that down soon, especially now that their ad system is integrated with Facebook. I especially don't see anything like that existing on Facebook for too long. They're already taking action to shut "sponsored posts" down, and we know how much they value you only having one account with real information (unless it's a page).

Can you strike fast while the iron is hot and make some money? Sure. But this entire model reeks of the EMD MFA days of SEO and isn't going to last either. I'd pour my energy into something with longevity, personally.

I'm not sure about changing a name dropping your reach but I'm interested. It might be a protective measure against people buying up pages and immediately doing mass spam. Could be a matter of you just building your Edge Rank back up with a few quality, relevant posts.

I tried all kinds of shit to improve edge rank, even started replying to random spammers just get engagement up but nada. I think improving edgerank is a thoughie. I have multiple pages on same niches and I don't know why some hit paydirt and some don't. I sometimes think it all randomly rigged because facebook can't control it lol

So many people are trying to do stuff like this. The hot spot right now is Instagram but they are only allowing it while it builds their userbase and causes people to get addicted to using it. Then they'll crush it.

Case in point, Twitter just deleted thousands of parody / character / and lifestyle accounts that existed to gain a ton of fans by recycling nonsense. The problem is that they are designed to grow fast and circumvent the need to pay for advertising. These account holders are selling tons of posts off to various agencies and making a killing doing it.

Instagram is definitely going to shut that down soon, especially now that their ad system is integrated with Facebook. I especially don't see anything like that existing on Facebook for too long. They're already taking action to shut "sponsored posts" down, and we know how much they value you only having one account with real information (unless it's a page).

Can you strike fast while the iron is hot and make some money? Sure. But this entire model reeks of the EMD MFA days of SEO and isn't going to last either. I'd pour my energy into something with longevity, personally.

Yeah, but building a good profile is far better than a page for reach though. Just like having dummy accounts with thousands and friends and sharing your page posts :wink:

Well until they delete you profile out of no where after you've worked on it for a long time. You will have no way to fight it to because it's just such an obvious breach of TOS. They might let you keep a page.

As for why your reach dropped down. Do you not use Facebook enough as a user to be familiar with what happens we a page you 'like' changes it's name? It tells all your users. Depending on how they react can doom the reach of the page forever. When a real page with real fans rebrands to a new name, everyone is into it. When it's just a change to a keyword stuffed name the fans are not into it. Facebook uses this to id pages that people "like" but have no interest in actually seeing.

As for why your reach dropped down. Do you not use Facebook enough as a user to be familiar with what happens we a page you 'like' changes it's name? It tells all your users. Depending on how they react can doom the reach of the page forever. When a real page with real fans rebrands to a new name, everyone is into it. When it's just a change to a keyword stuffed name the fans are not into it. Facebook uses this to id pages that people "like" but have no interest in actually seeing.
Wow . I wasn't aware of this. So what exactly happens after I change the name?
It was a simple change, though. Not drastic, but when exactly happens when a page change its name. DO all the fans get a notification or something?

The page was active, but is almost dead now.

Wow . I wasn't aware of this. So what exactly happens after I change the name?
It was a simple change, though. Not drastic, but when exactly happens when a page change its name. DO all the fans get a notification or something?

The page was active, but is almost dead now.

Yeah everyone gets a notification and to provide feedback on whether the new name is misleading or not

I remember lots of people used to make fan pages about "50k likes and i'll do xxxx" then wait a few months and change the name then use it for aff marketing

Back