Facebook Page Buyers, Scam?

Degree
Random question:

I have some very active FB pages and I keep getting messages from random people offering to buy the page at the rate for something like 5K usd per 50K likes. They all send almost similar messages, and they keep getting banned from FB too, The senders usually are banned after a few weeks maybe for spamming page owners. They even send images of their offer as a JPG in the message now,. And several people use the same image.

They all are willing to pay in advance via western union or paypal.

They smell like scammers.

My question is, how can they possibly scam me if they are willing to pay in advance.

Or are these legit brokers who are working for some big social media agencies. I have had a good offer from a company operating many viral sites for one of my pages, but it was sent to me via email. And it seemed legit. Not that I woulda sold.

Last edited:
I wouldn't accept Western Union or Paypal for anything regarding this. only Cashier's Checks, Money Orders, or Wire Transfers (There is a 3 business day window with ALL wire transfers where they can be reversed, so wait like 10 business days after it hits your account). Western Union is used for ALOT of scams, and Paypal can be reversed for upto 180 days. Last thing you want to do is enter a transaction that's against TOS of a company, which selling your FB pages is IF I recall correctly, then have them reverse the transaction so they get to keep the page and the money (while citing against being TOS).

People do buy Facebook Pages and Social Media accounts that have a lot of exposure, it's a huge market, but like any market there will be a scammer section of the market. I actually recommend buying social media pages in the Social Supremacy day of the crash course.

That Social Supremacy thread is awesome. I am pretty ok on Pinterest and FB, but I need to crack the others.

Back