"Facebook Like Laundering"

Yeah I just watched it, wanted to post about the "making money with facebook videos". Have you guys heard anything about that?

h3h3 is my favourite.

Also #1 reason I hate Facebook is SoFlo and every other cunt like him

Lol. "It's shit-posting on a higher order. It's shit posting through shit posting. It's shit inception."

Imagine the damage some of us could do if we didn't have dignity or integrity.

If RPM's for those Facebook video ads are even in the same stratosphere of what the Alphabet boys are paying through Youtube, it's time to start ranking some pages for yacht and private island leads.

If RPM's for those Facebook video ads are even in the same stratosphere of what the Alphabet boys are paying through Youtube, it's time to start ranking some pages for yacht and private island leads.

They won't even compare for a long while unless FB decides to jam unskippable 30 second ads at the start. With just the right hand static ads view-able with the video they are probably going to be paying ~.10 CPM rate for US views.

This guy has a great point. Facebook does stuff worse than the Pirate Bay guys and no one even cares. But that's pretty much the way of the world for anyone that hasn't figured it out. Taboola is doing with VC backers exactly what Pulse360 got torn apart by the FTC for 5 years ago, in a way more deceptive fashion too. The rules are different for a company if lots of rich/powerful peoples money is on the line.

I like and hate these guys. It's like Cuban said about Yahoo! suing Facebook over patent issues. He wants Yahoo! to win the ridiculous patent suit so it becomes patently obvious (couldn't resist that pun) how absurd patent law is.

SoFlo is Yahoo!, exploiting a broken system for maximum gain. And Facebook is...Facebook. These guys exist because they're greedy assholes, but they also do the public service of being so greedy that they expose the system for what it is.

Taboola is doing with VC backers exactly what Pulse360 got torn apart by the FTC for 5 years ago

Which was what? Can you give a summary? I'm interested.

Also, did you guys see the big debacle of some idiots who tried to get IP rights over "Reaction" videos, and had Youtube take down countless videos, even ones with less than 100 views. And then they lost about every single subscriber they had and reversed their claim on reactions. Basically shot themselves in the foot and ended their careers.

Also, did you guys see the big debacle of some idiots who tried to get IP rights over "Reaction" videos, and had Youtube take down countless videos, even ones with less than 100 views. And then they lost about every single subscriber they had and reversed their claim on reactions. Basically shot themselves in the foot and ended their careers.
In my opinion if they just kept their mouth shut about licensing and copyrighting they would have a successful "network" program.

They could have just said they were launching react world and you can join etc, info is on the site. So simple but they fucked it up

Now that it's been aired out... (With FB's full attention for the merge)

If FB doesn't take action..

They are pretty much an accessory to committing copyright crimes.

Suddenly, I don't feel so bad for Grunin.

Pulse360 did media buys on news sites buying up 300x250, 728x90 and 300x600 standard IAB ad slots and turned it into panel ads that looked like suggested stories. They had a few custom formats for some big publishers as well. But most stuff was just what they built out through IAB ad units, they didn't want to confuse publishers that were used to one type of ad size already. They were a successful and growing ad network.

The FTC fined them into oblivion for running "deceptive ads" which was of course the same fake news articles we still see today. None of this was being run direct by them, they were just an ad network. Some of there top advertisers were big affiliates that also got hit by the FTC for it.

Taboola has now gone a step further with a 100% custom ad unit that is even more deceptive. Lots of good industry buzz words like "native advertising" and "content recommendation" because they all sound better and more compliant than "fake news articles".

All I know is I'd sure be pissed if I was the owner of Pulse360, they were on tract to do the exact same thing years ahead of time. They just made the mistake of being a private profitable company instead of a VC funded behemoth. Never came up with the right buzz words and becoming a "content recommendation engine" instead of just an "ad network".

lol these soflo guys are goofs.

And then they lost about every single subscriber they had

Not trying to nitpick but they lost something like 2% of their subscribers, still a huge hit to take in a short amount of time tho.

Here's the h3h3 video on the Fine Bros (the React) guys:

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting how you can get sued for talking shit to someone on the internet

Back