Facebook Ads For Content Based Sites

Degree
I've always drove traffic to my content based sites by relying on Google and a bit of traffic leaking, lately it seems like everyone is talking about how amazing of a place FB is for traffic if you can get it down.

I've dabbled in FB before (mind you without really researching much) and it just seemed like a good place to burn money.

Some questions:
1. Is running FB ads for traffic worth it for content based sites that use display ads as their revenue generator?
It seems like most people running FB ads are doing it because they have a product / service / affiliate based site.
2. What's the best practice for promoting a blog post on FB?
I've read so many things, how you should never just boost a post on your FB page and only use the power editor, and other nuanced things which makes it confusing.

First time trying out this paid traffic thing, so any answers are helpful, cheers.

90% of my traffic is from facebook. To answer your questions:
  1. Yes. Tons of sites do this with display ads being the primary revenue source
  2. Depends on your audience, niche, etc. If you have a niche that pays well for display ads, and you can get traffic cheap, then ad arbitrage may work for you. If your niche pays crap for display ads, then you might be better off building a fan page(s) and sending traffic to your site via those pages.

Back