F**K yeah! Just got approved by GumGum.

Sutra

Investor and Business Mentor
BuSo Pro
Degree
One of my biggest goals for ad networks was getting a GumGum account. Especially since my site is heavy on images. I applied in early November and was denied.

I actually forgot that I had already applied and been denied. I noticed it after I applied the second time. Then thought, "Ah crap. They probably aren't going to accept me still even though my traffic has significantly increased." Was feeling a bit bummed about it, hah.

But kept grinding anyway and just got the acceptance notice.

Fuuuuck yeah!

And now, it's time to get back to the grind.

Congrats! What are the requirements for GumGum?

500,000+ page views a month.

Reactions: Roy
Are they CPM based or CPC based?

And either way, are you allowed to share what kind of CPM's you're getting at this point? This is a type of advertising I'd build an entire site around, using DIY or House Decorating or Food, etc. Anything based on massive amounts of pictures.

@Ryuzaki they are CPM.
Will have to give it some more time to see where the CPM ends up. But right now it's not much for me, hah. Another user here, think it was @Varys was making $80 from GumGum with 20k pageviews a day. I get 15 - 20k pageviews a day and I'm making nowhere near that (although it is increasing each day). Will see what happens when it's done adjusting.

However, that is for the fringe content. Once the general content side starts picking up I think the CPM will rise dramatically.

@Ryuzaki they are CPM.
Will have to give it some more time to see where the CPM ends up. But right now it's not much for me, hah. Another user here, think it was @Varys was making $80 from GumGum with 20k pageviews a day. I get 15 - 20k pageviews a day and I'm making nowhere near that (although it is increasing each day). Will see what happens when it's done adjusting.

However, that is for the fringe content. Once the general content side starts picking up I think the CPM will rise dramatically.

It depends how much ad impressions you have. Not same as pageviews. More places for gumgum to show ad = more money.

Also you need to know that advertisers slow down a lot with their spending in January. Slow down usually happens at start of every month, every quarter and every year. That why cpm-s are low now.

Back