Ezoic AdSense Connection

Degree
I've been working on all the different optimizations within Ezoic and I've been stuck on AdSense lately. I never had an AdSense account prior to Ezoic.

So, I created an AdSense account, added the code to my site, and got the approval from google. I then connected AdSense via the monetization tab. Lastly, I've added the mediation and it shows google ads is connected in the mediation portion of Ezoic.

Now it's been a few weeks and when I go into my Levels dashboard, it still shows that AdSense Mediation is incomplete.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Do I need to setup an ad in AdSense for the mediation to take affect? I've done nothing in AdSense outside of getting my account approved fyi.

Last question - I noticed that AdSense needs me to update my ads.txt to include an additional line. Could that be causing the problem?

Last question - I noticed that AdSense needs me to update my ads.txt to include an additional line. Could that be causing the problem?
Yes. Ads.txt is like "proof that this site is ran by the person who's related to the ad account". Reduces fraud drastically. You should sort this out regardless. It's probably a 30 second ordeal.

I'm not saying this is THE answer, but it definitely could be. I don't know that the ad software operators (like Mediavine, Ezoic, AdThrive, for example) themselves won't run ads if you don't have the Ads.txt updated, but the advertising networks (Adsense, Sovrn, Criteo, etc.) likely won't. Meaning your earnings will be really poor compared to what they could be. In some cases they will run ads and it's the advertisers themselves ticking boxes in their campaigns to not run ads on sites that don't confirm their identity in the Ads.txt.

I appreciate the info and that's good to know. I thought I had setup the ads.txt in Ezoic but after checking it's just showing the default number.

Hopefully this change will fix it and I'll report back if it does. Thanks again!

Back