Excluding GTM traffic to Facebook Pixel

TacoCat

Bueno...
BuSo Pro
Degree
I'm seeing a lot of junk traffic on my Facebook pixel.

This is the refferal link:

Code:
https://gtm-msr.appspot.com/render2?id=GTM-*******
(The * being my GTM container ID number)

Anyone knows how to exclude this traffic?

why dont you write a PHP snippet that if the refferal URl contains ?id=GTM- , not to fire the pixel ( in a if statement )

Actually... Appspot is a major problem, in the past I talked about it being used for negative SEO:

"Motherfuckers are even negative SEOing by simply using AppSpot.com to act as a proxy to their competitors... shit is crazy out here. [ Wait what? I shouldn't have said that? I'll delete it in the final draft ] (Combat that Appspot proxy attack by blocking 'AppEngine' in your htaccess and robots. Good luck bros)

[..]

Just to follow up, That Appspot.com problem has been here for ages. It's an old technique where the appspot subdomain acts as a proxy to the target domain, pulling on the content onto it. Since Google's domains have higher authority, it's simply 'taking' the domain over, and the target domain drops out of the rankings. The only way to combat it is to block AppEngine in the robots.txt and .htaccess. A couple of people that I know got hit, and that solution that's mostly published about it. Literally a 5 min attack that can take months to recover from, using Google's own properties... the irony..."

Code:
Source: hxxp://www.blackhatunderground.net/forum/the-advice-hub/ccarter-weekly-8-negative-seo-i've-never-heard-of-that/msg5870/#msg5870)

So you should look a bit closer to what's going on, since it could be that gtm-msr is duplicating your content and may be attempting outrank your site. I'm not sure if they fixed it since I published that 2 years ago, but it was ancient even THEN... so I doubt they fixed it.

But then again, this might not be what's going on with your campaign.

Searching site:gtm-msr.appspot.com you can find several pages with different GTM tracking IDs like this:
Code:
<
    <noscript><iframe src="//www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=GTM\*****"
    height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden"></iframe></noscript>
    <script>(function(w,d,s,l,i){w[l]=w[l]||[];w[l].push({'gtm.start':
    new Date().getTime(),event:'gtm.js'});var f=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],
    j=d.createElement(s),dl=l!='dataLayer'?'&l='+l:'';j.async=true;j.src=
    '//www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id='+i+dl;f.parentNode.insertBefore(j,f);
    })(window,document,'script','dataLayer','GTM\*****');</script>

It doesn't look like they are copying any content though.

Back