Evaluate which backlinks a site is using on flippa.com

Degree
Hello guys,

I am currently analysing some flipper listing. Atm I am using the free version of semrush and similarweb to get a clear picture.

I was wondering if I could also find backlinks regarding traffic leak posts.

Is there a method for that?

I appreciate your replies!

If it's really about traffic leak posts, buzzsumo.com - you won't find backlinks but will find their top content being shared and where.

Ahrefs, or Majestic SEO are the two top dogs to finding backlinks. OpenLinkProfiler.org is the new kid on the block.

But I have to ask why are you looking up someone else's traffic leaks? How does that help you?

If it's really about traffic leak posts, buzzsumo.com - you won't find backlinks but will find their top content being shared and where.

Ahrefs, or Majestic SEO are the two top dogs to finding backlinks. OpenLinkProfiler.org is the new kid on the block.

But I have to ask why are you looking up someone else's traffic leaks? How does that help you?

Thanks for your answer!

My idea is to find out, which content worked for my competitor, so that I can copy him rather than inventing the wheel new.

hmm... I think you are doing it wrong since you will always be trying to catch up to him or figure out what a competitor is doing. You will always be playing catch up. The correct way is to figure out what your target audience is asking - the question they want like - "How do you do DIY SEO?", then answer those questions.

You're making a fatal flaw assuming your competitor knows more than you do OR they are even right with their approach. Maybe the traffic makes sense, but check out something like Julian's www.FAQFox.com. Figure out the questions newbies in your niche are asking then answer it for them. There is no real wheel to re-invent, it's just about getting to know your customer, and never assume they "already know this". Like I would assume you already knew about FAQFox or BuzzSumo - if you didn't know you do now. That's the level you have to come at people with, within your industry.

I wrote about this extensively in this thread https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/creating-compelling-content.415/

hmm... I think you are doing it wrong since you will always be trying to catch up to him or figure out what a competitor is doing. You will always be playing catch up. The correct way is to figure out what your target audience is asking - the question they want like - "How do you do DIY SEO?", then answer those questions.

You're making a fatal flaw assuming your competitor knows more than you do OR they are even right with their approach. Maybe the traffic makes sense, but check out something like Julian's www.FAQFox.com. Figure out the questions newbies in your niche are asking then answer it for them. There is no real wheel to re-invent, it's just about getting to know your customer, and never assume they "already know this". Like I would assume you already knew about FAQFox or BuzzSumo - if you didn't know you do now. That's the level you have to come at people with, within your industry.

I wrote about this extensively in this thread https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/creating-compelling-content.415/
Thx you are right!

I think I also now understand what "good content" is. That is just content, which my target demographic prefers to read nothing more.

Back