Entropy Analysis - how we use it for bot detection

Degree
Really fun read. could be worth hundreds of millions for his venture if it checks out.
might be a paywall for some.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/august...ropy-analysishow-we-use-it-for-bot-detection/

Why It’s Hard for Bots To Avoid Our Detection
Ok, let me now bring this back to more simple terms and explain why it’s much harder for bots to trick our detection. When bot makers create bots from headless browsers in data centers, they have to declare parameters like screen resolution, browser type, language, plugins, etc

but what if you carefully script sessions using regular browser with a residential identity?

I Dare You
I hope this non-technical explanation of entropy analysis and how we use it for bot detection makes sense to marketers. I dare bot makers who think they can defeat our detection to get in contact.

Love the energy and confidence. Would also love to see someone challenge his bot detection tech over a livestream.

A fancy name for a handcrafted stats model. A true marketer indeed.

FWIW, they claim that they use no historical data to train/build their model, but they still use validation "truth" sets to score their models. Doesn't really make a difference, it'll still be biased towards historical data.

Back