Email Set Up - Cloudways

Degree
Hi,

Full disclosure, I know nothing about SMTP. Just wondering if you anyone can help.

We recently starting using Cloudways, when we were with Siteground we just used their free email service. However trying to sort out a free one Cloudways has been a challenge (for me).

We want to use Amazon SES for our bulk emails (we have previously set this up and verified the domain), then desktop Outlook for sending and replying to one-off emails. We tried using Mailgun but weren't able to configure the SMTP settings with Outlook (not sure if we were inputting the right information here) This is the best solution or could anyone suggest something else?

Not sure if this matters but we will be using Mautic as well.

Thanks, any suggestion would be so welcome this is driving me a bit crazy.

Check out Sendy. It's a self-install program (you can drop it on the same domain) and it'll set up Amazon SES for you. You can manage your bulk email campaigns there, get open rates and CTR data, etc. It's great. Just be careful about burning your main domain's email address. You may want to set it up on a secondary domain like "MyBrandEmail.com" instead of "MyBrand.com". You don't want to end up on spam lists.

You'll probably still need Cloudways to install their email app so you have the infrastructure, but from there it should be plug-and-play.

Check out Sendy. It's a self-install program (you can drop it on the same domain) and it'll set up Amazon SES for you. You can manage your bulk email campaigns there, get open rates and CTR data, etc. It's great.
Can you also use Sendy for cold email outreach?

Can you also use Sendy for cold email outreach?

You can. You import your own lists. Sendy doesn't restrict you at all. It's just software that provides analytics and organization and makes it simple to use Amazon SES.

What you want to worry about is having clean lists. With SES, you have to maintain a certain soft-bounce and hard-bounce ratio. It's nothing absurd, but just enough to stop people from mass spraying spam campaigns. If you're going through the effort of finding email addresses in any way other than buying lists, I think you'll be fine.

With Amazon's infrastructure your delivery rates will be godlike too. They've got that backdoor deal going with the spam filters.

Back