Email Capture

Degree
Hey all -

I have a wordpress site where I am posting videos of interviews and their transcriptions. I want to capture email addresses with a pop up and send them a PDF. I want to be able to send them emails when we post a new interview, etc. What would be your recommendation for how to set it up? Mailchimp? Something else? Looking for free to cheap as this is more of a passion project right now.

Thanks!

The free tier of Mailchimp is probably just fine for you then. It's easy to integrate with Wordpress (I think they have a plugin). It's just as easy to integrate with your own form you create if you're good with CSS & HTML. But this is probably the easiest thing for you now.

If you get serious and start exceeding the free Mailchimp tiers, I don't recommend paying their exorbitant prices. You can buy HTML template for emails (part of what they provide) for like a dollar each. Then I'd install Sendy on your server and use it to mail your list. You get all kinds of click tracking and list management and all that. You can even set up autoresponder campaigns to drip send your older interviews to new sign ups to increase traffic, etc.

Back