Education Lead Generation Programs - Which Are Good?

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
I'm looking for simple Name & Zips or even longer forms for CPA lead generation for education, particularly for-profit schools since this vertical I'm talking about mainly only offers certificates in an unregulated field. There are some degree'd tracks but they're not going to be what I can convert easily.
  • Quin Street
  • EDU Search
  • Campus Explorer
  • CollegeBound
These are the main for networks I've found. Most of them have no way to really join the network on their site, and if they do the form won't submit. I assume Campus Explorer runs through a program like Commission Junction or ShareASale (these are examples, they don't actually use those).

I'm grooming Quin Street due to @eliquid 's recommendation, who's opinion I trust. I emailed CollegeBound just now. Campus Explorer seems to only run email/zips through networks I'd rather not join. EDU Search has an actual "join here" form I'm about to fill out.

Does anyone have any opinions on these? How bad do they scrub? Do they dick you around with payouts? Are there any others I should look into? Are they going to harass the ever-living crap out of my users so that they never want to visit my site again?

Any info and heads up will help. I need a reputable network that pays, doesn't resell the data to a million places, etc.

QuinStreet is the biggest - that's who I use. I have an EduSearch account but I don't use it.

Are they going to harass the ever-living crap out of my users so that they never want to visit my site again?

Yep but I turn those pop-unders off.

If anyone does contribute to this, I'd be interested as well.

I also do a lot of EDU. Have been for years now. However, I'm kinda on the other end of the spectrum as I deal with a lot of non-profit or private faith based higher ed Uni's and colleges. A lot of my traffic is PPC based, but I'm looking to SEO as well in the future. Most of my deals are rev-share with the schools currently and not lead gen ( I did lead gen before years ago ). However, I may want to switch back.

Also, Im not looking for a middleman network. Trust me, I know what offers are out there and if you are a middleman....

Been ages since I did EDU, but used to do it quite well. Shocked that CollegeBound still exists. I always found that QNST paid the worst and has the most anal compliance team. If they're still around, check out Education Dynamics. Also look into HigherEducation.com <- I can intro if you need it.

Like I said, been a while since I've been in the space.I still know a lot of the players (mainly on the organic search side), so I am happy to make any intros you might need, just let me know privately.

Does anyone ever use Fake news sites or facebook fan pages for this?

I actually got a good bit of traffic from this a while back but quality did not sustain by any means. Profit was pretty good though for a small fry. I'm assuming most of you are super affiliates

Does anybody know anything about K-12 education related lead gens?

Update: Everyone's a slack ass so far except Quin Street, who put up a "mighty" barrier to discourage dummies. Thanks to eliquid, coredev, and ari for the input on them. We'll see what they have to say, I've scheduled a phone call with them for later in the week.

I'm happy to test them first. If they play games, I'll test the next one that decides to respond after I knock down their door. Ultimately, it's inconsequential. This is really more like a side project that exists within the main project, so even if I can't work anything out, it strengthens the empire. It's all on the same domain.

Run CampusExplorer direct. I have been using them for years and always been good.

We Quin Street Now.

Had a fun and lengthy interview. This is going to be a fun ride. The guy I talked to let me ask a lot of "insider" questions and was forthcoming with the answers since it's beneficial to all three parties involved...

I'm in. Further updates will happen in my main case study thread (in my sig). Thanks for all the input. If something happens with this deal, I'll try the next and the next. I'll try to remember to report back on how I feel about Quin after a while.

Reactions: Nat
Back